• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Here's a Brain Tickler

Restoration or no  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Restoration or no

11 posts in this topic

Why not a blue label with notes saying Outer cover 4.5 with slight restoration or with tear seals and color touch or something like that. I'm not a big fan of the different color label anyway but in this case I would see it as an unrestored book.

BTW TnC, if the outer wrap were carefully taken off, is it now a qualified comic? or just a normal unrestored.

Why not a blue label with notes saying Outer cover 4.5 with slight restoration or with tear seals and color touch or something like that. I'm not a big fan of the different color label anyway but in this case I would see it as an unrestored book.

Nah...it's a restored book as long as it's connected to the comic...

if the outer wrap were carefully taken off, is it now a qualified comic? or just a normal unrestored.

Depends on if you can tell there was a second cover there upon inspection. If so, it's a qualified...

Jim

I voted purple label...

I've got a question also...I have a GA comic with a double cover that, during my impetuous youth, I felt it would be better to carefully remove the outer cover and save it for a coverless copy of the book to appear and then...viola...I've got 2 comics...

So does that make the comic with the original cover restored?...

Note:

To remove the cover I carefully removed the staples ...removed the top cover...then reinserted the staples...

Just read ft88's post...oh well ...the question remains... frustrated.gif

I was actually the first to vote. Voted it is restoration. The outser cover has restoration. The outer cover is part of the book. Hence, book is restored.

Maybe a more intriguing question would be - "If a double cover book with restoration on the front cover has the front cover removed, is the book restored?" grin.gif

Maybe a more intriguing question would be - "If a double cover book with restoration on the front cover has the front cover removed, is the book restored?"

And what pray tell wouldst thine answer be... sumo.gif

Maybe a more intriguing question would be - "If a double cover book with restoration on the front cover has the front cover removed, is the book restored?"

If the restoration was removed it would not be a PLOD anymore.

It might still be a GLOD however... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I honestly don't have one yet. It is why, to me, the question is intriquing. Must take some time to ponder.

Depends on if you can tell there was a second cover there upon inspection. If so, it's a qualified...

Don't know how you could tell, or why the frig you would even wonder . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif