• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Letters to Comic Artists

21 posts in this topic

Letters to Comic Artists

What other comic legends are still living and others have written to?  As well, do they personally respond to their fan mail? Are they still approachable?

I heard Peter Laird responds personally. Has anyone tried writing to John Romita or Stan Lee?

Just now, batman_fan said:

I wrote a letter to Dic k Sprang back in the late 90's.  He was one of the early GA artist on Batman.  He actually wrote back a very nice letter.  Sadly he is no longer with us.

Do you mind posting that letter?

I have letters from Daniel Clowes, Seth, Peter Bagge, Adrian Tomine, Linda Barry, Mary Fleener, Jeffery Brown ect

Edited by kav

I doubt he would do it because if he did it for one person he'd have to do it for everyone.

I may write him back though and say hey Ditko I wrote you 2 letters, no reply.  You replied to others so what happened to 'if I do it for one person I have to do it for everyone?'  

6 hours ago, kav said:

I have letters from Daniel Clowes, Seth, Peter Bagge, Adrian Tomine, Linda Barry, Mary Fleener, Jeffery Brown ect

What did you write to Seth about ?  What did he say ?  :grin: :popcorn:

lol Me and my dad did a parody of Yummy Fur called Yucky Cur and he thought it was hysterical and showed it to chester and Joe matt-I'll post the letter maybe tomorrow.

Edited by kav

ok I went thru my stuff and I actually have 3 letters from Seth-i asked him about a variety of stuff and one of them is a 2 page letter with some cool info for Seth fans.

What is the largest size that CGC will slab? If lets say I write Peter Laird a letter and he sends me a head sketch on a 8.5x11 card stock, is it too big to slab? I'm fine with the NG designation. 

Edited by Captain Canuck

14 hours ago, kav said:

ok I went thru my stuff and I actually have 3 letters from Seth-i asked him about a variety of stuff and one of them is a 2 page letter with some cool info for Seth fans.

I always liked his work on the Mr. X series from Vortex and  picked up this page of OA around 15 - 20 years ago on ebay.  Then in 2009 I saw he was on the guest list for San Diego Comic Con International so I took the page with me to have him sign it.  He and his artist buddy at the table laughed when they saw it.  I guess some memories of that time came back.   

seth%20mr%20x_zpsn337d6pd.jpg

38 minutes ago, kav said:

wow I dint know he did a Mr X

More than one.  I think he did 5 or 6 issues starting with #6

Edited by Senormac