• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pilote 420 - First Valerian! Extremely HTF!

1 post in this topic

Pilote 420 - First Valerian! Extremely HTF!

Sale Rules:

No Probies or Hall of Shamers. Paypal only.

Price includes shipping within North America, and I will share costs with shipping elsewhere in the world.

The first unconditional offer (as determined by time stamp for any direct PM or  :takeit: in the thread) wins. I'm open to considering offers, but an unconditional :takeit:beats anything in negotiation.

The Book:

This is the legendary Pilote 420 from France, published in November of 1967. NOTE: The book is in French (seems to go without saying since it's from France, but hey, you never know...). This is the first appearance of Valerian, featured in the upcoming movie Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets.

The book is tough in all grades, but especially hard to find in North America. The last copy to sell on ebay (March 30) went for $500.00 plus shipping, and appears from photos to have been in lesser grade than the copy offered here.

I would grade the book at VG (4.0), with good cover gloss and color. A picture is attached, but additional scans are available. In addition to the Valerian story, the book contains an Asterix and Obelix story, and many other pieces by top French artists - including a back cover by Cabu, one of the artists tragically lost in the Charlie Hebdo terrorist attacks.

Asking $500.00. If there are no takers here, this will go to ebay at a later date.

Pilote 420 image 5.jpg