• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dennis Barger Jr vs CGC!

77 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Pontoon said:

The level of intense animosity that some Voldemort fans have towards CGC never ceases to amaze me. I know there’s people here who think the reverse, that Voldy is junk, but even the most vociferous don’t approach the level of rabid rhetoric reached by certain cee bee see ess boosters. 

Right?? at the con last weekend I was talking with someone in line that had got sketches and sig on a comic, I asked if they were doing anything with CGC. He basically then told me I was a fool, that I am being bamboozled, and he ain't got time for that excrement lol he'd rather go across the street. I respect that he was passionate, but I was just making small talk to see if he knew of grading services.

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
3 hours ago, Pontoon said:

The level of intense animosity that some Voldemort fans have towards CGC never ceases to amaze me. I know there’s people here who think the reverse, that Voldy is junk, but even the most vociferous don’t approach the level of rabid rhetoric reached by certain cee bee see ess boosters. 

Right?? at the con last weekend I was talking with someone in line that had got sketches and sig on a comic, I asked if they were doing anything with CGC. He basically then told me I was a fool, that I am being bamboozled, and he ain't got time for that excrement lol he'd rather go across the street. I respect that he was passionate, but I was just making small talk to see if he knew of grading services.

You jerk :sumo:

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

This is very silly. There are different quantity thresholds that make one service or the other more expensive. The speeds will vary based on which grader you pick. I've noticed some people (who probably want a certain level of speed for a certain number of books) insist one is faster or cheaper than the other. If you're doing 10+ books a year, the price and speed difference is minimal.

I think the main bases for comparison are grading (which is subjective, ANY service might give you a different score on resubmission), holder quality (pros and cons both ways), and service (and CGC has been very good to me on that front).

I just bought a book off eBay that looks substantially overgraded to me. That said, it is a very limited run book and I know they rate a book against its peers to make sure they aren't being too rough based on printing errors. Even a computerized grading system at present can't account for the grade curving within a print run. In theory, a first and second print issued the same year could be held to different standards if one run has printing defects.

9 hours ago, Pontoon said:

I assume you've never talked to Andrew R. then lol 

4 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

I assume you've never talked to Andrew R. then lol 

Andrew Rochon is a piece of garbage.

Edited by Buzzetta
Apparently the word I wanted to use was filtered.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

If it was CGC they need to learn to snipe.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

If it was CGC they need to learn to snipe.

Well they were the last bidder...even though it was with plenty of time to go....i'm thinking its all a sham....shill bid..fake label...none of it real

36 minutes ago, kryptospidey said:

Exactly. my post in the other threat "Is this real?" Either super shilled or CGC came in and swooped it up. Thoughts Joey!!!??

Some seem legit, while others were placed to drive the price up. Whoever gets the book should not consider themselves a winner...unless it is CGC.

On 4/5/2017 at 6:34 PM, comicwiz said:

I can't speak in this particular instance, but as someone working with top 100 global brands, most companies have dramatically reoriented their culture to understand this way of dealing with customers (i.e. "priority queues" as you state) has led to very costly and avoidable business mistakes.  Those doing it right assign a loyalty value on a customer contact attempt to directly arrive at a solution with the company because it keeps the matter offline.  The costs aren't exclusive to needing to chase it down like wildfire to fan the flames online - the heaviest toll for "preventable miscue" being when the incident carries enough traction and steam to have more coordinated and strategic oversight involved to arrive at a remedy.

Speaking on culture, recently i read an article on companies culture. It was a treat to read. It defined how flexible culture helps employees boost their productivity and morals.
Happy employees leads to satisfied customer..
Have a look; https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-gaditek-considered-best-employer-out-mustafa-hasan