• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Robert Kirkman's "Invincible: The Movie"...Universal Pictures

7 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ChrisInBaltimore said:

Wow awesome news. This is one of the best if not the best super hero books from the last 10 or so years. 

You know I never read this series. I think I will check it out over the weekend.

How does it compare to his Walking Dead comic book series?

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

You know I never read this series. I think I will check it out over the weekend.

How does it compare to his Walking Dead comic book series?

I'd compare it more to Ultimate Spider-Man. The big difference would be it's bloodier and more adult. 

It feels a lot like Spider-Man though. It's odd to say that because it doesn't share a lot of characteristics, but many of the themes are similar. 

It's good and an easy read. I re-read the series almost yearly and it doesn't take long. 

48 minutes ago, ChrisInBaltimore said:

I'd compare it more to Ultimate Spider-Man. The big difference would be it's bloodier and more adult. 

It feels a lot like Spider-Man though. It's odd to say that because it doesn't share a lot of characteristics, but many of the themes are similar. 

It's good and an easy read. I re-read the series almost yearly and it doesn't take long. 

Thanks. The first 19 issues are up on Comixolgy Unlimited to read! I definitely will check them out.

The first arc is good, but the title really hits its stride in the 20s. Ottley comes on the title at 13, I believe, as artist and it gets way better. Kirkman builds subplots like he's writing in the Bronze Age or something. It's solid. 

You know... I'm off to dig this up. Saving Hyrule can wait a bit.