• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

During 911 and USA Iraq war, was there an effect on WW2 comic prices?

12 posts in this topic

What effect did 911 and USA Iraq war have on WW2 comic prices? Any?

I wasn't into GA comics at that time, but I wondered if times of USA military conflict had any effect on WW2 and "patriotic" covers.   Did these times change the comic collecting marketplace as a whole?

This is not meant to be a political discussion at all so please don't take or make it one. 

Edited by Knightsofold
re worded title for clarity

I don't recall this happening. WW2 covers have always been popular with GA collectors, generally selling more easily than non-war covers of the same title in the same part of the run. They seemed to have picked up steam lately, but that's true of all cover oriented books, whether war covers, GGA covers, horror covers, villain covers or anything remotely considered "classic". 

5 hours ago, FineCollector said:
8 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

lol 

If that's the contribution from the guy who writes the War Report, we can assume the answer is "no" :)

Just assume that all comics won't increase in value after an apocalypse. 2c

2 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

Just assume that all comics won't increase in value after an apocalypse. 2c

They could go up given the focus many have on covers. Think about how nice they will look glowing in the slab- especially the '90s holofoils...