• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade on FF 118?

8 posts in this topic

How much does the rub down the middle de-grade this book?

Very nice looking copy, although putting a white covered ish on a white background, and turning up the brightness in the scanning/image processing does not do wonders for my ability to see defects. I suppose if the book is in the NM category, as it appears, then the "rub" might cost the book one grading unit. confused-smiley-013.gif

Is the book flat, or was there a subscription type bend down the middle that caused that? If it's a printing defect, I don't think there would be much, if any, of a deduction but if it's physical post-production wear then it would probably get hit by a couple grades...

Drbanner, The book lies very flat. I would be apt to say it is some kind of printing defect? At least I hope? Thanks for the look. Higghawker

In that case I'm thinking 9.0-9.2 due to the bumps at the bottom corners, pretty book!

Have you tried wonderbread or dry eraser on the rub marks? Might work "wonder"s! 27_laughing.gif

Way over my head? Wonder bread? I was under the impression that any hanky panky to a book was restoration? Higghawker confused-smiley-013.gif

Sort of a joke, but there's rumors that rubbing your book with wonderbread will "lift" some of the surface dirt off of it...a search on "wonderbread" should give you all the information you need!!

That area is the area tape goo would get on a book.

You know...

Sometimes bags are taped shut.

Over the years the tape falls off but much of the goo is left on the bag.

Then the comic gets rubbed against the bag and the goo gets transfered.

frown.gif