• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on these 2 Thors.

15 posts in this topic

Both just readers.

I'll take'em off your hands for $5 each! flowerred.gif

*Muti sarcasm graemlins*

140 = 9.0

158 = 8.0

No vertical crease. Wow, the grades are all over the place. Now I am confused!

confused.gif

Your scans are too big - this causes problems with grading consistency, as many people "read" large scans differently. They look like two very "cherry" books to me thumbsup2.gif

But I am seeing a verticle line above Thor's Hammer. Then again a color breaking line from top staple to Thor's cape. Also several ticks one in the "O" of THOR another by his left eye, another in his helmet wings far left and a crease in the helmet rim also on left. Those ticks are pretty minor but they'll add up.

Nice comics though thumbsup2.gif

I think these are great-looking books, both firmly in the 8.5-9.0 range.

Here's the vertical creasing Arex (and Nefaria) was talking about:

811825-thor158d.JPG

This kind of creasing is very common with books with such off-center staples, but it looks to be very, very minor here.

811825-thor158d.JPG.536a849e62a0c8b662ce972cd9b0f33e.JPG

Yep, sure do. So if the scan was 100% instead of 150% they would "look" much better? I find that interesting.. Now does CGC enlarge books somehow while viewing them? And how is that handled?

Steve

Yep, sure do. So if the scan was 100% instead of 150% they would "look" much better? I find that interesting.. Now does CGC enlarge books somehow while viewing them? And how is that handled?

Steve

I find that a 4" width at 200 dpi produces a nice-sized scan, although most e-bay scans are about 1" width at 75dpi.

Yours look to be easily 150% - the only thing that acheives is to disproportionately emphasize the apparent defects. If I'm not mistaken, CGC grades the books in hand, using magnification only to corroborate instances where they suspect restoration.