• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Joss Whedon should cast Catherine Zeta-Jones as Wonder Woman...

72 posts in this topic

Granted, but LOTR proves that height is all in the mind.

Mitra plays on Boston Legal. Granted (if you do a Google image search), she is more convincing as Lara Croft, but she has something about her that seems to fit in with the way Wonder Woman is currently being drawn... IMHO, of course.

And, gotta agree with TomMurmane on Zeta-Jones... a lot of special effects already going into making her look good (and young).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

I know who Mitra is now. Didn't recognize her(she rarely wears a WW costume on Boston Legal). I like her a lot, but I think CZJ has the regal presence that WW should have.

As for the young/old thing, keep in mind that Whedon has stated that he might go young, but he might also cast a more mature actress in the role. In fact, he mentioned Kim Basinger as a possibility, and she's 51! I think CZJ, at 35, is the perfect age.

I know who Mitra is now. Didn't recognize her(she rarely wears a WW costume on Boston Legal). I like her a lot, but I think CZJ has the regal presence that WW should have.

As for the young/old thing, keep in mind that Whedon has stated that he might go young, but he might also cast a more mature actress in the role. In fact, he mentioned Kim Basinger as a possibility, and she's 51! I think CZJ, at 35, is the perfect age.

If she's 35... I thought there may have been a bit of point shaving... confused-smiley-013.gif

I do agree that she does the regal thing quite well...

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

whoever it's gonna be has to be able to workout and get some pipes. WW has great arms and the actress will need to get a bit buff.

my top two pics are Charisma Carpenter and Uma Thurman.

whoever it's gonna be has to be able to workout and get some pipes. WW has great arms and the actress will need to get a bit buff.

I could definitely picture Charisma:

charisma_carpenter1.jpg

I could definitely picture Charisma:

charisma_carpenter1.jpg

Hard to believe, as I've never been convinced by CZJ's star quality (acting ability is more or less irrelevant in this role) but she's got the look for it. All the other actresses mentioned are either the wrong height or too angular.

She'll have to seriously hit the weights and quit the cigs, but if she does she'd be right for WW.

Charisma is the same age as CZJ. She's got the look in that pic, but she looked a bit puffier in the last season or two of Angel. And, she's never exhibited the regal air needed for the role.

I don't think anyone has ever looked better in a WW costume than Rachel Bilson on the OC, though she is very young. If Whedon is to do a growing up story of Diana, I'd think Bilson is a must for the teenage WW.

Lucy Lawless and Zeta Jones would have been good choices a few years back.

I was thinking more in terms of Jessica Biel or Kristanna Loken from the Terminator film.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

If she was only 10 years younger JACKIE SMITH of charlies angels fame would be PERFECT

Growing up I always thought that Jackie Smith was the best looking girl on television. She's probably pushing 60 these days.