• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic Shops in Boston?

5 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, faust1103 said:

I will be in Boston for a few days in May 2017.

I wonder if you could recommend any Comic Shops around there?

Million Year Picnic in Cambridge.

If you don't mind traveling 20-30mins outside of Boston proper, the original New England Comics in Quincy is pretty good. There is a NEC in Cambridge, but I've never been there myself.

New England in Cambridge is on the smaller side- but they have a decent stock and its only around the corner from the Picnic.
Million Year Picnic USED to be the entire basement floor of the building, and they had golden age comics displayed for sale on the roof beams.  I bought a Batman #6 there as a teen after riding my bike the 40 miles to get there, rode it all the way back home only to find out the centerfold was missing!  But they were good about it the next time I was in.

Today it's a tiny shop but its crammed with stuff-- mostly modern and collected editions but the selection is great.

There's also Comicopia over near Fenway Park which is also a more modern store.  If you're looking for back issues one of the New England Comics stores has a Golden Age room-- it's NOT Cambridge or Brookline because I've been to both of those often.

If you're going to be renting a car-- drive 45 minutes west and you can hit up THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT which is a 10,000 square foot comic shop in Worcester, they have a ton of bronze and copper in hundreds of bins, and a smaller selection of silver and gold in a display case in front, and if you're bothering to make they trip to Worcester, Holden is only 10 mins north of it and you can set up an appointment at SuperworldComics and see what Ted Van Liew has-- but he is appointment only and they do Detroit 5/19-5/21 so expect them to be gone a few days before and a few days after that.  Ted has an amazing selection and is one of the nicest guys in the biz.  The good looking young guy who works for him is my number two son Joe.