• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Wolverine #1

8 posts in this topic

PGM Wolverine #1

Hi all.  I've got a Wolverine #1 I'm going to send in, but I'd like to get some opinions now.  I haven't opened the book, so no interior pictures.  These are photos, not scans, I don't know if that matters.  They came out pretty good I think.  I had to take an angled shot of the back as there are two... 'waves' I guess I'd call 'em that weren't visible with the straight on shot.  They aren't folds or creases, just not quite flat as a board.

1miVIDs.jpg

tx0kk6N.jpg

Zpi77mi.jpg

uAYeJRX.jpg

YKrKsxQ.jpg

wOzZwXj.jpg

I8UK6UY.jpg

Thanks for looking and for your opinion!

I see about 4-5 fingerprints in the black on the left side of the back cover. Try and use a tissue to remove them and avoid touching the book with ungloved hands. Book looks pretty nice overall, but the grade will drop if you don't remove the fingerprints. It seems you may have some also on the front cover right side too. Can't tell exactly.

Edited by Philflound

Love Wolverine! The spine looks excellent, and most of the edges of the back and front. You have the "waves" but maybe some pressure/pressing would help. Also, take care of the fingerprints. My generous grade would be 9.2-9.4. My tough/CGC grade would be 8.5. That's without knowing how the pages are on the inside. Again, great book! 

Thanks.  I wore gloves for the picture, but at some point my brother or I transferred it to a better polybag and didn't know it mattered.  I gave it a light wipe with the gloves.  Other than white pages, spine ticks, staples, centering, and corners, I don't really know what else to look for.  I was too trepidatious to open it for inside pics, but thought the rest of it looked pretty good.

Edited by SteppinRazor

On 5/10/2017 at 5:09 PM, SteppinRazor said:

Thank you.  Do you think that's worth it?  The press part, I gave it wipe already.  or you mean wipe like a dry clean?

I have this same problem with the exact same issue. Wolverine 1988. Mine has spine roll and finger prints. It was suggested to me that I breathe on the copy and rub it with a soft towel. It helped when I tried it. Of course a press wouldn't hurt if so inclined.