• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

please grade this flash

29 posts in this topic

For those people saying 5.0 or 5.5, do you really think this book is in comparable shape to the X-Men 1? I know some of that book's chipping is a prod defect, but I just can't see giving this book the same or similar grade.

For those people saying 5.0 or 5.5, do you really think this book is in comparable shape to the X-Men 1? I know some of that book's chipping is a prod defect, but I just can't see giving this book the same or similar grade.

I can't see it getting the same grade either - that's why I gave it a 5.0 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif It's got three significant edge tears to the back cover and spine trauma at the lower staple, never mind that the edge of the spine is nearly rubbed off. sumo.gif

I can't see it getting the same grade either - that's why I gave it a 5.0 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif It's got three significant edge tears to the back cover and spine trauma at the lower staple, never mind that the edge of the spine is nearly rubbed off. sumo.gif

I am not saying this book doesn't have flaws, but the X-Men 1 has about a dozen right edge tears and pieces missing. Regardless of how much of that is production related, that drops it below a book with BC tears and spine damage. Others might disagree, but I would say this book is at least one step better than the X-Men.

My grade of 6.0 is a bit generous, a 5.5 is probably more accurate.

I am not saying this book doesn't have flaws, but the X-Men 1 has about a dozen right edge tears and pieces missing. Regardless of how much of that is production related, that drops it below a book with BC tears and spine damage. Others might disagree, but I would say this book is at least one step better than the X-Men.

I agree. This book could get 5.5/6.0.

It's on it's way to cgc for grading. I actually thought it looked better than your grades, but, you guys know better than I. However, it will be for sale one way or t'other.

If you want to sell some of the books raw, let me know. I am not really buying slabbed books anymore. Slab damage is just driving me nuts these days.

Is that what did it? poke2.gif

Is what what did it? confused.gif I am always in the market for nice raw books. I'm just not going to buy slabs anymore unless I can inspect them in person and take them with me.

Hasn't the new holders addressed the slab damage. Or is there another thing that has to be fixed?

Only on modern books. CGC won't use the holder on silver age, which is primarily what I collect. They still use the ones with the hard inner well walls that bash into the fragile overflash on silver age Marvels.