• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feedback On eBay Store Logo

73 posts in this topic

I like #2 best.  Not sure I like the exclamation point for the I but I like the dark block letters and the infinity logo on the C & O.

4 minutes ago, mycomicshop said:

I also like #2 the best.

#3 is a pet peeve of mine. Designers hear "comics" and immediately reach for halftone dots and word balloons.

You're right!  It's pretty cliche 

Just now, Kevin76 said:

Any suggestions?  

It's a logo. And to me a logo means a lot. If you already established the fact that a good logo makes for positive buyer approach, you're half way there. The other half means - don't compromise!

go for the absolute best. Unfortunately non of the above examples set the tone for a wining brand

24 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

It's a logo. And to me a logo means a lot. If you already established the fact that a good logo makes for positive buyer approach, you're half way there. The other half means - don't compromise!

go for the absolute best. Unfortunately non of the above examples set the tone for a wining brand

Something is better than nothing....Does the Google logo alone make you wanna run to the pc and search something?  No, Does the McDonald's logo make you wanna pull into the drive thru?  No.  But they are simple designs that are easily recognizable and you know exactly what they sell and what they do.   

Just now, Kevin76 said:

feel free to add any ideas/suggestions.  

Well some of the letters on all the examples are crooked.  The fonts look amateurish.  Yellow and red together have a fast food logo look.  The third one has potential but why the need for the weird balloon shape and crooked letters?  The letters are too close to the balloon edge which looks amateurish.  

It needs better font, better spacing, better design and avoid the red/yellow.

Retro is one thing; #2 looks like the sign from a hot dog stand Raj, Dwayne, and Rerun would visit on What's Happening! #3 looks like an amorphous blob and #1 looks like a cross between a brokerage company and a toy store. I’d send the designer back to the drawing board or better yet find a new one. You must have connections being in printing.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

8 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

Retro is one thing; #2 looks like the sign from a hot dog stand Raj, Dwayne, and Rerun would visit on What's Happening! #3 looks like an amorphous blob and #1 looks like a cross between a brokerage company and a toy store. I’d send the designer back to the drawing board or better yet find a new one. You must have connections being in printing.

Nope :D 

54 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

Something is better than nothing....Does the Google logo alone make you wanna run to the pc and search something?  No, Does the McDonald's logo make you wanna pull into the drive thru?  No.  But they are simple designs that are easily recognizable and you know exactly what they sell and what they do.   

Actually they do. McDonalds Masterbrand Golden Arches were a HUGE influence on the restaurant-goers in the 60s.

Read here:

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2016/07/26/surprising-story-behind-mcdonalds-legendary-golden-arches.html

Spoiler

Believe it or not, when the brothers were interviewing architects to design the first location in 1952, they were met with a fair amount of resistance.

Remember these slanted arches from the 1960s?Expand / Contract
Remember these slanted arches from the 1960s? (McDonald's)
The first architect was adamantly against incorporating the arches into the design, the second wanted to change them too much, and the third didn’t want to be told what to do. In desperation, the brothers sketched out a rough approximation of what they were looking for – a building with a half-circle on either side – and brought it to an architect named Stanley Clark Meston, who streamlined the arches into tapered parabolas. 

The design stuck, and the end result was revolutionary for the time.

When McDonald’s decided to do away with the design in the early 1960s, design head Jim Schindler took his inspiration from those already-famous arches to design the earliest version of the company’s logo (below): an abstract view of a McDonald’s location from an angle, with the two arches lined up to form an “M” and the roof bisecting it.

Over the years, Schindler's "M" logo morphed into the design, pretty much everyone in the world recognizes today.