• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Feedback On eBay Store Logo

73 posts in this topic

On 14/5/2017 at 3:54 AM, Kevin76 said:

Ok, after some revisions and adjustments. I went with this. Simple, easy to read, and colorful. Nothing over the top. 

01.jpg

But it has less personality than the second one from the beginning.
This basically uses Albertus, also with enlarged letters E and Y (which, for this reason – not having been ajusted in weight–, look unbalanced in weight compared to the rest of the word "ternit").
Both logos used pre-existing typefaces but the second one had some work done on it, and thus more personality, IMO.

Anyway, the important thing is that you like it. For some reason it reminds me role playing games (maybe because AD&D always used Friz Quadrata and it has affinities to Albertus, which is better but also a titling face).

Edited by vaillant

18 minutes ago, vaillant said:

Not that it matters much, but I am a professional designer as well.

Then you can join me in lamenting that what we used to charge 5 figures for has now become essentially free. :)

6 minutes ago, SuperBird said:

Then you can join me in lamenting that what we used to charge 5 figures for has now become essentially free. :)

I never worked as a freelance and never owned a studio, but of course I see what you mean.
Although charging much makes (and made) sense only if you are working with a big client and designing an original logo, i.e. not based on existing typefaces.

Speaking of typeface design, what remains of my ventures into it (now the design is co-owned by myself and Emigre):
http://www.emigre.com/EF.php?fid=113
http://www.emigre.com/OT/Ottomat

Edited by vaillant

On 5/13/2017 at 6:54 PM, Kevin76 said:

Ok, after some revisions and adjustments. I went with this. Simple, easy to read, and colorful. Nothing over the top. 

01.jpg

But what is this taken from?  It's so familiar, and yet I can't put my finger on it... Driving me crazy.

6 minutes ago, Lego said:

But what is this taken from?  It's so familiar, and yet I can't put my finger on it... Driving me crazy.

Heroes Convention Charlotte?