• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Motor City Comic-Con
2 2

66 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Nick's Comics said:

Of course no convention would be complete without adding a few books to my collection.  I picked up a high grade Vampi #3, a TMNT #2 1st print

The show was a huge success!!!  I had a blast and I can't wait until next year!!!

Glad to help you add those 2 comics to your collection Nick....:foryou:

15 hours ago, Nick's Comics said:

Brian,

It was great to meet a fellow boardie!  You are the only new boardie that I meet this weekend.

I had my best show to date!!! :headbang:  I sold several key books from my wall including a Swamp Thing 1, Jimmy Olsen 134, Flash 139, Marvel Feature 1 VF+, Ms. Marvel 1, 16, 18 all high grade and a Cerebus 1 (which Harley Yee bought on Thursday).  But I sold more ASM's than anything else including a 16, 20, 46, 50, 121, 122, 238 & 2 copies of 300. :whatthe:

I sold tons of bulk back issues as well.  Both Marvel and DC silver and bronze filler issues in the $2-$8 price range.

Of course no convention would be complete without adding a few books to my collection.  I picked up a high grade Vampi #3, a TMNT #2 1st print, a VF copy of Flying Saucers from Avon (I got this one from Superworld Comics or is it Vibrator comics hm ) & last but not least,  I picked up a Hulk 181 CGC 9.0 White!!!!!

The show was a huge success!!!  I had a blast and I can't wait until next year!!!

I looked for you Nick, but I had to leave before I could check out every isle. I'm glad you did well at the show.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, 1Cool said:

personally don't know which was scarier - the glut of Variants or the $1 Bronze/Silver-Age booths with tons of books left on Sunday afternoon.  They were not high grade but come on there has to be a buyer of 1960-1970s books at $1 a book.

I would kill for dollar books of bronze silver age stuff.  never seen that any large con or local show here ever.

1 minute ago, classicaaron said:

I would kill for dollar books of bronze silver age stuff.  never seen that any large con or local show here ever.

I was at a Portland, Oregon con in the 80's, which was granted, a long time ago :p, when TimeTravelers (from Seattle) was blowing out DC Silver Age for something like 10 cents a book.  A lot of it was VF or so - that's where I picked up my initial copies of quite a few DC titles, like Star Spangled War Stories of the early Enemy Ace era. :cloud9:

6 minutes ago, classicaaron said:

I saw a few at Motor City Con but I will have to admit most were mid grade Bronze Age and some beater Silver-Age books with not too many of the prime titles (Spidey, X-Men, etc.).  Tons and tons of dreky DCs though.  I flipped thru a couple boxes but I found way too many nice books in the $5 boxes to spend too much time on the lower end books.

8 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I saw a few at Motor City Con but I will have to admit most were mid grade Bronze Age and some beater Silver-Age books with not too many of the prime titles (Spidey, X-Men, etc.).  Tons and tons of dreky DCs though.  I flipped thru a couple boxes but I found way too many nice books in the $5 boxes to spend too much time on the lower end books.

im still always down for pulling out some Human Flys or Nova for a buck.  around here they want $5 each for that classicness