• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd Print Color Variation

4 posts in this topic

Odd Print Color Variation

Picked up an odd variant today and looking for opinions on what I have here. The monochrome cover is all in blue except for the price box and a some of the text in the DC header info. In the regular version all of the background images are black, while the variant seems to be all in blue. Back covers of both are identical in full colors. Understand it is a print error, but from front it looks like the mistake was caught before all the colors were applied, while the back has all the colors. Any ideas?

.100bullets723.thumb.jpg.1ecba6d6be4d747c745e63b7226e8ae5.jpg100bullets724.thumb.png.37fc5ccd4abcb1fe14ba399777a5f08d.png

100bullets724.jpg

Edited by boomtown

Without seeing the back, looks like a sun fade to me. Front and back cover is a single sheet printed all at once. If a particular plate was missing, the color for that plate would be missing from both.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

2 hours ago, Pontoon said:

Without seeing the back, looks like a sun fade to me. Front and back cover is a single sheet printed all at once. If a particular plate was missing, the color for that plate would be missing from both.

Reds fade first, blues last. It is odd that the background pattern, which is usually black, is blue, but top text and UPC box are still black. This may be because the black background was a mix of YCM, and not pure black. I'm not definite but my understanding is that this was usually the way various grays are achieved.