• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Twin Peaks 2017
1 1

49 posts in this topic

Twin Peaks 2017

Anyone else catch the new Twin Peaks series? I'm finding it really enjoyable, in a David Lynch sort of way.

Very interesting and bizarre and plenty of cameos from former stars. I'm glad they were able to bring it back.

Showtime also has a 1 month free offer right now.

Edited by bronze_rules

7 hours ago, Awax said:

Love it so far. 

Its what what I wanted and more.  

I love it also. It's not going to be for everyone and it will be critiqued but for those who are fans of Lynch and the show it's perfect. 

I finished 1 and 2 yesterday and I already want a season 2 

19 minutes ago, Awax said:

This show just keeps on giving.  

Best TV show in years.   Yep.  I said it.  

Best!

Haven't seen last nights but I felt the last 2 were a bit misplaced. Like Lynch had too much freedom and time so it wasn't as sharp as the first few episodes.       How many total characters are in this show?

Last nights kicks things in gear a little. 

You have to remember, Lynch filmed this as a 18 hour movie or " event " .. so it's not like a normal TV show. 

There are over a hundred characters it seems looking at IMDB.  

After I watch a " episode " , I then watch a YouTube video of someone talking about it, seeing what I may have missed or not understood. Sometimes I caught things they didn't. 

Lynch/Frost have brought back the magic of the original Twin Peaks with a bunch of new characters/locations/ scenarios 

its different but but sometimes feels the same.  

Again, best show in a long time.  If some don't like it, I understand.  Lynch isn't for everyone. But for a fan of his or fan of Twin Peaks, this show is a dream come true.  

I have to say that I was a little skeptical at first with the whole Dougie plot line, but it's starting to get there.  I was really impressed with last nights episode as well.

So much of the previous show I have forgotten. I should have re-watched the series and FWWM before starting this.

If you can, at least watch FWWM sometime soon. 

Lots of stuff in there that I had forgotten. And it's such a good movie.  

I think there is a week off after next weeks episode, so there's a great time to watch it. 

I need to watch it. I saw last weeks episode over the weekend and didn't find anything really special about it. 

i did rewatch Fire Walk with Me and remembered why I liked it so much. 

Maybe I need to see them in bunches like the first few episodes. I feel maybe 1 hour episodes hurt this show. It's not traditional in any sense

Edited by jsilverjanet

On 6/26/2017 at 11:36 AM, Awax said:

If you have been watching and were on the fence about continuing this show, well I'm sure you fell of and ran far far away after last night. :roflmao:

Me, I'm a lynch fan. Last night was a gift. 

Now we wait for two weeks. 

That episode.  8?  Was insane!  Not too emotionally effective, but fascinating since it's supposed to be relevant the the TP universe. 

Amazing to see something like Eraserhead on tv.

When I first watched Episode #8, I have to admit I was disappointed. I am a Lynch fan, I have almost every one of his films on DVD, but it was definitely a shock to the system to see something like that as an episode of Twin Peaks. 

Like Mulholland Drive, on first viewing, I didn't like it. It also doesn't help that I was watching it with my wife and I know she's not too familiar with Lynch's more "non-linear" projects and was probably very confused and hating it. I was intrigued by it though, so I watched it again. I also read some online discussions and the meaning of the episode snapped right into place. Just finished my third viewing today and got even more out of it.

I think you just have to willing to be patient with his storytelling. He has a very slow pace and doesn't spell things out for you. His movies at times seem to follow dream logic more than anything else.