• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Bats 244

25 posts in this topic

Thanks! I love those things, reminds me of my card collection from back in the day. cloud9.gif

If they are anything like the card or photo toploaders, be careful, they are basically constructed of PVC that is actually oily to the touch. I made the mistake of storing a few signed photos in UltraPro toploaders for about 6 months and the sharpie signatures actually adhered to the inside of the toploader and pulled right off the photo! 893whatthe.gif

These rigid holders are great for display, transport and short term storage, but even with a comic bag and board in-between, I wouldn't store comics in one of these for any length of time. I suspect off-gassing could leach right through the internal comic bag.

Thanks! I love those things, reminds me of my card collection from back in the day. cloud9.gif

If they are anything like the card or photo toploaders, be careful, they are basically constructed of PVC that is actually oily to the touch. I made the mistake of storing a few signed photos in UltraPro toploaders for about 6 months and the sharpie signatures actually adhered to the inside of the toploader and pulled right off the photo! 893whatthe.gif

These rigid holders are great for display, transport and short term storage, but even with a comic bag and board in-between, I wouldn't store comics in one of these for any length of time. I suspect off-gassing could leach right through the internal comic bag.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Interesting. I wasn't planning on putting any books in there without a Mylite 2 or at least a bag in between.

I like then because they offer superior corner and spine protection. I have one mag size top-loader and it works great in conjuction with a bag and board.