• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade this Bats 244

25 posts in this topic

visually a beautiful front cover,except for the upper right corner and a couple of spine stresses that probably look worse than they are due to the magnification...back cover takes it down with the upper left and lower right corner,.....8.5.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Tough call. A really nice book with a moderate creasing on one corner. Unfortunately, it's really multiple creases on that corner and it looks like it wouldn't take much for the corner to chip right off.

If it was my book, I'd consider it a 7.0... maybe 7.5 at best.

BTW, here's my copy... (sorry, I couldn't resist tongue.gif)

Batman244.jpg

Tough call. A really nice book with a moderate creasing on one corner. Unfortunately, it's really multiple creases on that corner and it looks like it wouldn't take much for the corner to chip right off.

Batman244.jpg

Thats a 1.5 at best gossip.gifinsane.gif

i think there's a wee bit too much wrong for a grade as high as 8.5. i tried to take the huge scan into account when grading this but don't think it could go over 8.0 and more likely 7.5. still, a nice copy of a cool book......... thumbsup2.gif

i think there's a wee bit too much wrong for a grade as high as 8.5. i tried to take the huge scan into account when grading this but don't think it could go over 8.0 and more likely 7.5. still, a nice copy of a cool book......... thumbsup2.gif

The only thing that could make this book go below 8.5 is the back cover. There are a couple of light creases in the ULC of the back cover and a bend in the lower right corner of the back cover. I've got a couple of CGC 7.5 books that have back cover issues, spine stress, and at least one blunted corner. This book is markedly nicer than all of them. I think the back cover could knock it down to 8.0 (which is why I said 8.5-ish), but I don't see enough to drop it to 7.5. Five minutes in a dry mount press and it's an easy 8.5. 27_laughing.gifstooges.gif

Sorry Chris, couldn't resist. acclaim.gif

Batman244.jpg

...and here's mine (couldn't resist either)

244.jpg

Batman244.jpg

...and here's mine (couldn't resist either)

244.jpg

sumo.gif

01batman244.jpg