• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best place to get accurate prices

7 posts in this topic

Where is the best website, app or book that will give me the most accurate price on comics. I used the only COMICS PRICE GUIDE but everyone tells me that website is long out of date. EBAY is too volatile varied to get an accurate reading. The OVERSTREET is also out dated even before it comes out.

I could use help in determining my collection and key books. Especially for re-sale or insurance.

29 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

Where is the best website, app or book that will give me the most accurate price on comics. I used the only COMICS PRICE GUIDE but everyone tells me that website is long out of date. EBAY is too volatile varied to get an accurate reading. The OVERSTREET is also out dated even before it comes out.

I could use help in determining my collection and key books. Especially for re-sale or insurance.

3 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

eBay completed sales, Heritage auctions, Comiclink,etc.

This.  Gpa is a subscription service that provides sales data for CGC'd books. https://www.gpanalysis.com/

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

This.  Gpa is a subscription service that provides sales data for CGC'd books. https://www.gpanalysis.com/

Well, I didn't want to pay to look up values. I just wanted a resource to find comics listed in various grades with accurate prices. EBAY is all over the map and it's not that accurate. I hate when I go to a flea market and some guy has some nice books and goes to EBAY to see what the prices are. Usually he goes for what people are asking for and not what the item has sold for. I don't mind paying fair market for something but the problem is what is an accurate gauge.

1 minute ago, Dogsupreme said:

Well, I didn't want to pay to look up values. I just wanted a resource to find comics listed in various grades with accurate prices. EBAY is all over the map and it's not that accurate. I hate when I go to a flea market and some guy has some nice books and goes to EBAY to see what the prices are. Usually he goes for what people are asking for and not what the item has sold for. I don't mind paying fair market for something but the problem is what is an accurate gauge.

I have found ebay to be an excellent resource.  For most silver and newer comics it can give you a very accurate idea of what things will sell for it and can inform you as to rarity as well.    For rarer golden aged material ebay - not so much.  

5 minutes ago, Dogsupreme said:

The accurate gauge is whatever you are willing to pay for a particular book.

For me GPA is well worth it -- it saves me a ton of time when listing slabs. But it really depends on what you're selling, and how much.

Checking Sold listings on eBay works well for high volume books.

Some other options are gocollect, nostomania, and the comiccollateral app. for Android.