• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Montreal Comic Con 2017

11 posts in this topic

Montreal Comic Con 2017

Anyone know if there will be a booth or something to submit comics for grading? July 7-9 2017...And Im not sure how it works, do they do it during the weekend or pack it up and do it in FLA and ship it back to you? Thanks for the info...:tink:

You will have both CBCS and CGC at the Montreal Comic con. Grading will be done in Florida!

Also, when there you should pass by the panel:  "The Ïdiot's Guide to Investing in Comic Books YEAR 4" on Saturday July 8th @ 6:30 pm . Time could change

Edited by The_Investor

11 hours ago, Cyrax said:

Noo, I missed that! 

Did anyone find anything interesting? I felt everything was super expensive.

I've sold several $100.00-500.00 books, despite my terrible location, and quite a lot of volume from my regular bins. As for buying, I was had by a guy walking the floor. He was trying to sell a handful of mostly DC Silver Age keys. I purchased a Showcase 55 that has undisclosed colour touch that I initially missed... My bad. Thanks to @pickycollector from spotting it. 

I broke my cardinal rule of NEVER buying pricey Silver Age books from strangers at a con. The lighting is poor, you're in a hurry and tired. That's a recipe for overlooking things and getting burned. Something did seem fishy about the guy, and as it turns out, most, if not all, of the books were restored because another dealer drove by me outside after the show and shouted: "I bought doctored books today!" :p It happens to the best of us. 

Fortunately I didn't spent too much. I should be able to get my money back after disclosing it.

Buyer beware folks if some guy approaches you today at the con.

I bought six WWII era Superman comics (numbers in the 20s and 30s) from Harley for a pretty good price after the discount he gave me.  I love buying raw comics in person.

I found the floor area to be bigger this year.  I was there for 4 hours on Friday and between standing in line for three autographs, attending one panel, and spending a lot of time with Harley, I only saw about 10% of the show.

Mike

1 hour ago, Monkeyman said:

I bought six WWII era Superman comics (numbers in the 20s and 30s) from Harley for a pretty good price after the discount he gave me.  I love buying raw comics in person.

I found the floor area to be bigger this year.  I was there for 4 hours on Friday and between standing in line for three autographs, attending one panel, and spending a lot of time with Harley, I only saw about 10% of the show.

Mike

Mike!!!

I haven't seen you in years. Too bad I missed you (it's Brad).

5 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Mike!!!

I haven't seen you in years. Too bad I missed you (it's Brad).

Hi Brad,

The show is pretty big and it's easy to miss people.  Now that they don't have the smaller shows I don't see the locals as much as I used to.

Mike