• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Select Final Markdowns Offered! Closing Tomorrow Morning! 20% Off Everything Else! Freebie Still in Place! Readcomix' First Sales Thread - Assorted, esoteric, affordable

68 posts in this topic

One last one for tonight...poor because it's incomplete, missing eight pages...the first four, and the centerfold. Cover somehow still attached at both staples....still, it's a scarce as all get-out Sugar and Spike #6. Placeholder for a very tough run, or parts if you're the marrying type. $10.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

:news: Freebie added! (Don, you're grandfathered in (thumbsu)

All purchasers will receive a copy of Crisis on Infinite Earths #3, the first appearance of....well, no....the time when...that's not it....heck, I don't know why there were 20 copies of this book in a small collection I bought, and the guy would not tell me why he loaded up on it when I texted him after I got home and discovered them in a long box. But all 20 are about like the one pictured. Yours free with any purchase, while supplies last (which could be through a few sales threads....did I mention there's 20?) (shrug)

As an aside, the very nice Machine Man #1 above also came from this collection. Of course, no 20 copies of that...or the various bronze Bats...or the DD#9...doh!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Okay, who's in the mood for a little love? It's Bronze Age romance time! First up....

I Love You #118, Charlton goodness :cloud9:  Why this isn't called out in the guide as a psychedelic cover I have no idea. Sure miscut, but it's Charlton....some spine stresses (minor) but flat, bright and clean. Certainly VF, probably someone's NM. $10.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Next up, Sweethearts #119...cover story "Men are Unessential." Strange stain-looking tanning (is it a stain?) has overtaken most of back cover but book presents nicely as a mid-grade from front. Not sure what actual grade to assign; I saw a Crime Reporter #1 once with the same flaw; first and only other time I had seen this. I didn't buy it, but that book was about thirty times as much. $10.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last romance offering...I Love You #114. This one IS called out in the guide as a psychedelic cover. Also has art by Alascia inside. Presents really well, flat and bright, but I will call it a notch below the first three Charltons I offered and label it F/VF as there's that dunched upper left corner, front and back, and some more visible spine stresses. Probably pressable and would look awesome in a slab. Only two copies on eBay are low-grade. $20.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg