• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MEET JOHN ROMITA 1 LAST TIME THIS FRIDAY! FIRST EVER "ART OF SPIDER-MAN MUSEUM EXHIBIT OPENS JUNE 9TH!
1 1

29 posts in this topic

WoW!  Thanks for sharing the stories and pics for those of us who can't make it.  And a big thanks to Mike for sharing his incredible art!  And biggest thanks of all to Jazzy John for the work that inspired a generation.  :smile:

Can I post 50+ pictures here without too much difficulty? or should I just put them all in my CAF and send the link as I really don't post much to my CAF normally? if so i'll post nearly every piece of art here on display plus several pictures I took at the opening night show. I took several pics 3 hours BEFORE the show opened of just the art and me doing silly poses...LOL

I took well over an hours worth of video also broken up over 8-10 segments

But Yes..I never dreamed it would be as crowded as it was Friday Night....as we left for the evening well before the end of the show the guy at the front door said 352 people had come so far but it was still open for an hour or more when we left.

John and Virginia Romita were so so happy the whole night.....Virginia said she saw about 15 people who came who worked at Marvel back when she and John worked there and she said  and I quote " I WAS LIKE A LITTLE PUPPY SEEING ALL OF MY DEAR FRIENDS I HADN'T SEEN FOR 20-30 YEARS!"

They both were shocked and had no idea so many people would be there..... I honestly didnt think there would be over 100 people as I didnt think the word got out about the show much until the last few days prior to the show.

I told ANNELLE who runs the museum (who was wonderful to work with) that I'd be honored to give 200 all different Spiderman pieces every 2 years for many years if they wanted to keep having a Spider-Man themed show for the future to coincide with new movies.

I'll add just a few pics here now......

2017-06-09 17.25.46.jpg

2017-06-09 18.16.32.jpg

2017-06-09 19.54.40.jpg

2017-06-09 19.54.42.jpg

2017-06-09 21.12.08.jpg

2017-06-09 21.12.04.jpg

2017-06-09 22.42.45.jpg

Edited by romitaman

Mike thanks for uploading all those killer photos (109 pics) on CAF:
http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=11513

Congrats on such a cool and successful event, I now have to order one of those programs!!!

It must be a trip to see your collection so nicely displayed and filling up all that space in the gallery! Does this event plant the seed for the "Mike Burkey's AMAZING SPIDER-MAN Museum"?  

Steve

Edited by gumbydarnit