• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getten' somethen' reslabbed FROM Voldy to CGC
1 1

15 posts in this topic

Only reason to keep in the slab is if you are worried about damage from handling (eg. it is a 9.8).   CGC person might damage it by breaking it out same as you.  Tiny ding and no more 9.8.   Better to break out and look at the up close yourself and see if you agree with grade.  Also save on shipping cost by breaking out.  If looking for upgrade, consider break out and press.  You can PM me (I can press for you).

Don't recommend doing it at all if possible. I broke one and pressed and cgc it was 5.5 came back 4.5

If it's a big dollar book or just something irresistible I understand just be prepared:wishluck:

It's a Voldy acquisition for my DD Miller 9.8 newsstand run. It's 9.8 Voldy, duh! It's issue #184. Wanna be CGC. Lots of people are talking about my Miller 9.8 run. It's probably gonna be a pedigree collection. 

Edited by NoMan

7 minutes ago, NoMan said:

It's a Voldy acquisition for my DD Miller 9.8 newsstand run. It's 9.8 Voldy, duh! It's issue #184. Wanna be CGC. Lots of people are talking about my Miller 9.8 run. It's probably gonna be a pedigree collection. 

Well, don't tell anyone you bought the books second hand. Pedigree designation usually indicates that all the books were original owner books from the get-go. 

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Well, don't tell anyone you bought the books second hand. Pedigree designation usually indicates that all the books were original owner books from the get-go. 

Snitches get stitches 

2 hours ago, comix4fun said:

If it's a high dollar value slab I like to take it out and then sandwich it between two pieces of special "micro-chamber paper"

100.jpg

so it's, ya know, "protected" in the grading room.

John-Lennon-Wink.gif

I nominate this for post of the year!

2 hours ago, comix4fun said:

and aren't as common as dirt in high grade

15 hours ago, comix4fun said:

If it's a high dollar value slab I like to take it out and then sandwich it between two pieces of special "micro-chamber paper"

100.jpg

so it's, ya know, "protected" in the grading room.

John-Lennon-Wink.gif

I wonder how many people have tried this method :insane: