• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Three Dimensional EC Classics were they reprinted?

11 posts in this topic

Three Dimensional EC Classics were they reprinted?

I've been collecting the  Russ Cochran EC  library series and noticed that the Three dimensional classics were not included, I know that the stories were reprinted but how about the 3D versions.   Yes I'm a completest but it would be nice to have a full set, can anyone help by answering this question thanks. I'm also open to nice scans and would gladly pay for the honour. These would be only for my own use never to be sold or copied.

May be of interest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russ_Cochran_(publisher)

"The Complete EC Library eventually reprinted every New Trend comic, except for the 12 redrawn stories, often by different artists than originally drew the first versions, done for the three Three Dimensional E.C. Classics issues; the third was never published but 2D b&w versions of those last four redrawn stories did finally see print in the late '60s - early '70s in the fanzines Witzend #6 and Squa Tront #s 4 and 5 - up to 2012 that set of fanzines was the only way to acquire any of the works done for this unpublished issue. Fantagraphics' 2013 EC Library tome 50 Girls 50 and Other Stories Illustrated by Al WIlliamson contains his version of "The Planetoid" story intended for that third issue. The other story reduxs have only been printed in 3-D No. 1 (Three Dimensional EC Classics) and 3-D No. 2 (Three Dimensional Tales From The Crypt Of Terror), both published in 1954 "

Regarding, Wally Wood (beautiful work on) Witzend, see...

https://pappysgoldenage.blogspot.com/2016/06/number-1909-spawn-of-spawn-of-spawn-of.html

7 hours ago, tv horror said:

Ken, it is like a John Ford film never a bad one in the batch, EC were the greatest collection of writers and artists in comic history. Their only downfall was bad timing in a climate of suspicion and some one had to be the fall guy.

Take it E.C 

My all-time favourite comics publisher.  Read my first Weird Science slipcase set in summer 1981, was blown away by the quality and have never stopped thinking that New Trend material is absolutely brilliant.

A travesty that it all had to end because of such pettiness.

38 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I hate this stuff. Here I was , content in my ignorance and now I find more stuff I need.

You'll be happy once you read some of it.  :smile: