• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quick Question

7 posts in this topic

Quick Question

No pictures, just clarification. I bought a few books, one of them being Superboy #208, a 50 cent giant. I didn't look at the back cover close enough. The book is great looking, probably a 9.2 and very clean white cover. But, on the back cover, there is a very fine 1" straight cut at the top. Almost unseen until I looked closer and it opened.

That being said, does it automatically drop the book to a VG 4.0 or so? I was looking for a 9.2 and it's not an expensive book so no worries. I can give it to my nephew while I continue hunting.

Thanks!

45 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Quick Question

No pictures, just clarification. I bought a few books, one of them being Superboy #208, a 50 cent giant. I didn't look at the back cover close enough. The book is great looking, probably a 9.2 and very clean white cover. But, on the back cover, there is a very fine 1" straight cut at the top. Almost unseen until I looked closer and it opened.

That being said, does it automatically drop the book to a VG 4.0 or so? I was looking for a 9.2 and it's not an expensive book so no worries. I can give it to my nephew while I continue hunting.

Thanks!

if that's all that's up with it, I'd say the highest it could get is 6.5...that's what I've learned through March Madness Grading Contest, at least for an older book...

I don't understand, or at least I can't picture, what you mean by a 1 inch straight cut. If you have a 1 inch piece missing that's a big time drop. I just told somebody else, never buy a book without taking it out of the bag and looking at it, closely.  

4 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't understand, or at least I can't picture, what you mean by a 1 inch straight cut. If you have a 1 inch piece missing that's a big time drop. I just told somebody else, never buy a book without taking it out of the bag and looking at it, closely.  

I'm guessing here but what I pictured is a 1" "snip" from something like scissors, starting from the edge of the back cover page only and ending 1" in. 

Yes, it's looks like a razor or scissors cut it. Not a chunk missing. Having done this a decent portion of my life (lol) I did take it out of the bag but didn't notice the cut (which was me going too fast).