• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help!

21 posts in this topic

Help!

I Picked up a large collection of comics today with the intention of reselling them. I collected comics as a kid and would still love to do it now I unfortunately need the money right now... I managed to get close to 300 comics with the original prices from 20 - 80 cents   there may be 20 or so for $1.00   Heres my dilemma, I would like to sell them in a lot but unsure of what I may be able to get for them. I know condition is everything and I'm sure they way I placed them on my table in a pile has someone here screaming at the computer... My thought were taking it to a local shop knowing full well that I would get very little for the collection because they need to itemize, package, sell, overhead etc. I know this is very hard to do without seeing all of the comics but If anyone could give me a overall price if you were going to buy them from me vs what I should ask for at a shop. The pictures show about half of the collection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20170610_150312[1].jpg

20170610_151520[1].jpg

20170610_151331[1].jpg

Unfortunately I see nothing that catches my eye as valued.... :sorry:

Maybe someone else has a better idea, I see a lot of newsstands but may be common for that period.

Just now, NastyNate said:

I pulled a few up on ebay that have sold for $10 - $15 each in a swamp thing for $40 etc nothing big I figured that much but I was thinking a $150 for the lot or is that unreasonable?

What did you see on ebay sold for $15?  Personally I value the collection at maybe $50 but someone might pay $150.  

2 hours ago, Pitboss said:

Read 'em :banana:

Nothing key and pricey, but lots of good reading material there.

Groo, Crisis, Jungle Action, Eternals, Avengers, Swamp Thing.

Edited by Ken Aldred

you would be lucky to get someone to give you 30 bucks for those books. bunch of raws with no bags/boards- protection just getting more and more damaged every time you man handle them. Add to the fact that those are mostly reprints and not even very popular titles, with virtually nothing shown that seems very valuable even if it were in great shape (and these are not).

Just now, 01TheDude said:

you would be lucky to get someone to give you 30 bucks for those books. bunch of raws with no bags/boards- protection just getting more and more damaged every time you man handle them. Add to the fact that those are mostly reprints and not even very popular titles, with virtually nothing shown that seems very valuable even if it were in great shape (and these are not).

I have to agree.  Personally if someone offered those to me for sale I would say i dont want them even if you gave em to me free.

1 minute ago, kav said:
2 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I have to agree.  Personally if someone offered those to me for sale I would say i dont want them even if you gave em to me free.

They would make great fire starters for the wood stove :banana:

1 minute ago, 01TheDude said:

do some more research and focus on topics like condition - don't expect people here to do all your work for you.

I still want to know what books he saw people buying on ebay for $15

8 hours ago, lizards2 said:

They would make great fire starters for the wood stove :banana:

Read them first, and if you're unimpressed by any, enjoy torching those later.

Double your fun.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Looks like a bunch of 2x$1 books due to the bad condition of them.  Most stores would pass on buying them or if you get lucky they will offer $20 for the long box.  Putting them up on Craigslist for $40 may be your best option.  Ebay will get them sold but shipping cost will make it tough to find a buyer even for $20.  Read them and sell them for cheap is my suggestion.

Those books fly out of my $1-$2 bins at cons. However, you're not likely set up for such an endeavour, so getting rid of the lot quickly for $25-50 is probably your best bet as per the comments above.

Comics are NOT commodities. Some are, but only a minority of them. Most are entertainment like used DVDs and novels. Th only way to make money from these sorts of things is to put in the hours and work for it. It's not a get rich fast solution.

Read'em and enjoy'em!