• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do the CGC Express Coupons work?

9 posts in this topic

I thought that each coupon entitles you to one free submission, but I find if I enter in three books in the invoicing system online, and then specify I have 3 Express Coupons, it still comes up with a charge larger than the shipping charge!

I thought that joining the Collectors Society was worth the $99 because of the three free submissions, but now I find that a coupon doesn't even cover the cost of one submission. What kind of scam is CGC running here?

Calm down there. Could be a glitch in the online system. Call CGC and report it. My suggestion is to use the paper invoices that came with the certificates (asking CGC for assistance) or wait for the problem to be solved.

Thanks for the headsup as I will be using this year's certificates soon.

Sterling

Ah, I see what you say about insurance, and yet, this raises more questions. Once the book is slabbed wouldn't one want CGC to insure for more than the allowed maximum. Also, since I am in Canada, I thought CGC only declares the grading fees. If they declare a book value, then I may be charged duty.

I'm getting confused. Why is the book value important? It seems greatly underestimated. I probably need to phone them and ask.