• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Little of this, little of that, and some more of this
3 3

236 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, retrocomics said:

This is what I was talking about on the Vault 30. That a sleeping compartment on a  Subway? An advertisement?hm

IMG_20170614_213545.jpg

I think this could the artist putting a gag inside the art depicting their outtake on having to bum rush through this cover to meet the deadline. Basically "I have to burn midnight oil for another cover, I'd rather be hitting the sauce and getting ready for the sack, yawn!"

5 hours ago, Mystafo said:

Great thread!  Lots of interesting books...congrats on all the sales! 

2 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Yeah, this has been one of my favorite threads to watch in some time. Nice work @retrocomics (thumbsu

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it. 

6 hours ago, Wally's Comics said:

I think this could the artist putting a gag inside the art depicting their outtake on having to bum rush through this cover to meet the deadline. Basically "I have to burn midnight oil for another cover, I'd rather be hitting the sauce and getting ready for the sack, yawn!"

You might be right. They worked those guys to death. Covers, storyboards, writing. Multiple issues every month. I would hit the sauce too.

1 hour ago, retrocomics said:

You might be right. They worked those guys to death. Covers, storyboards, writing. Multiple issues every month. I would hit the sauce too.

I know artist will often use "real" people as reference at times so it could  be an inside joke if he was referencing a friend or acquaintance of his, and drawing him hitting the sauce.

Ok. Just one book tonight because I had a long day 

World's of Fear 9

Hard to find issue that has seen better days. Lots of spine wear with pieces out, folds, tears, tear on the first page, split at bottom. Scuffs, chips, and lots of wear

Fair but readable

$60 Sold!

Scan06152017203505_001.jpg

Scan06152017203505_002.jpg

Edited by retrocomics
Sold

1 minute ago, retrocomics said:

Ok. Just one book tonight because I had a long day 

World's of Fear 9

Hard to find issue that has seen better days. Lots of spine wear with pieces out, folds, tears, tear on the first page, split at bottom. Scuffs, chips, and lots of wear

Fair but readable

$60

Scan06152017203505_001.jpg

Scan06152017203505_002.jpg

Take it

On 6/11/2017 at 9:32 PM, retrocomics said:

Crime Suspenstories 16

General wear,  slight upper roll,  staining, pages are strong and everything is attached nicely 

Asking $50

Scan06112017212735_001.jpg

Scan06112017212735_002.jpg

:takeit:

Exposed 1

One of my favorite covers. Recently upgraded so here's a low grader. Has some writing, a shading job in the title, several old pieces of tape, lots of spine wear with bottom split, staining. Not pretty but they don't pop up everyday.

$50 Sold!

Scan06172017215111_001.jpg

Scan06172017215111_002.jpg

Edited by retrocomics
Sold

Just now, retrocomics said:

Exposed 1

One of my favorite covers. Recently upgraded so here's a low grader. Has some writing, a shading job in the title, several old pieces of tape, lots of spine wear with bottom split, staining. Not pretty but they don't pop up everyday.

$50

Scan06172017215111_001.jpg

Scan06172017215111_002.jpg

Take it