• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 121 + 122

4 posts in this topic

PGM ASM 121 + 122

Hi im in the process of selling these to upgrade...please help me with the grades.

asm121front.png

121%20back.png

122front.png

122back.png

Note 122 is missing the top staple and the insides of the books are normal (no missing cutouts or pages/writing.

Edited by jason4

The ASM 121 has a lot of medium spine checking which to me is the worst near Aunt May. The corners are somewhat rounded.There is some sort of stain near the lower right of "Turning point" and it appears to extend up to Spideys foot so it's large. The upper right corner appears to have a slight color break. The back is dirty with reasonably good corners.  On the 121, I'd give a 6.5 to a 7.0 mostly for stains and ticks.

The 122 has some sort of gouging where the staple was going into that full moon. The back looks fine. The spine is better. Overall a better book than the 121 but the staple missing is a killer. 

6.0 or less. 

On my 129 I just sold I had two copies, one a 9.4 and one an 8.5  The one thing that brought the lower one down was a single small stain on the back or so I believe. I have both of the books you wanted graded and I've often wondered why they don't command a better price than they do. Given that, it's hard to justify a press. 

I'd give 121 a 6.0 to 6.5 mostly due to rounded corners, the staining by Spidey's right foot (it almost appears like someone attempted some amateur restoration) and finally the back of the book which needs cleaning. #122 has beautiful color but as Glassman said the missing staple is the kiss of death. I give 122 a 6.0.

Thank you so much! I guessed the same grades of about a 6 for each. These are among my favorite all time spidey comics.  I upgraded the 121 to a 7.5 cgc signature series signed by Conway, Romita, and Lee and i upgraded the 122 to a 9.4 pedigree from george papadimatos collection.  I appreciate the grade estimates and you guys have a good eye for all the defects.