• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Many different issues with this defect.

6 posts in this topic

Many different issues with this defect.

I have several (8 issues), various titles that have this defect. It is around 3" long and is on the front and back covers.  It appears it might be a production defect, but I do not know for sure. I am very new to CGC grading and I am wondering if this would keep a comic from grading 9.8. Maybe somone out there has seen this defect and has the answer. Thank you for looking.

IMG_0864.JPG

Yes, I am talking about the "crease or fold looking" thing in the middle of the book. This is a brand new book directly from the manufacturer and I don't believe it is a reader's crease because it is just in the middle of the book (3" or so). The top and bottom do not have it. It is on the cover and back cover alone, not the interior pages. Thanks for the replies

Edited by jlebrun208

30 minutes ago, jlebrun208 said:

Yes, I am talking about the "crease or fold looking" thing in the middle of the book. This is a brand new book directly from the manufacturer and I don't believe it is a reader's crease because it is just in the middle of the book (3" or so). The top and bottom do not have it. It is on the cover and back cover alone, not the interior pages. Thanks for the replies

Well, here's the situation. Obviously CGC does not know the history of the book, where it came from, if it was read, etc. The grade will hinge on whether CGC considers it bindery or not. If they see it a lot on the same specific issue, they will probably consider it bindery. If not, it's a reader's crease to them and it will affect the grade, probably more than you would tolerate. If you tell us the specific issue, maybe somebody else can look at their copy to help you out.

I see your point, and it totally makes sense. The issues I have seen this on are from Zenescope. Here are a few of my comics that have it:

Zenbox exclusive (baseball)

Spirit Hunters #6 C2E2 Cubs

Grimm Fairy Tales : Genesis Heroes reborn

Grimm Fairy Tales: Genesis Heroes reborn

Good idea on listing issue, maybe someone can look at theirs. Thanks for replies

IMG_0867.JPG

Edited by jlebrun208