• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade please

11 posts in this topic

Impossible to tell from the scan. But yes, very obviously not NM. Also a pretty awful cut too. You can find better with a bit of hunting if you are interested in this book. (Don;t look like square corners to me.) And would like to know what that white stuff is.Reflection mayabe but overall - I would pass on it if you are expecting a really HG. frown.gif

shroom...I have dealt with auctions of this type before and let me give you a bit of friendly advice...

When buying a comic that is listed as NM and the scan is vague I follow these steps...

[*]Check feedback (in this case you will find he deals mostly with stamps.)

[*]Check what his other items he has listed (again stamps)

[*]Try to get a larger scan from the seller

Many sellers think that since the book has both covers attached (especially with GA) then that book is NM...

I think those white scratch looking marks across the womans body may be bullet tracers in the artwork. Or they could be scratches - hard to tell from the scan. I'd ask for a bigger picture/scan. The book looks miscut or bent to the right. Is that just a distortion from the camera angle?

Yes, the white streaks may indeed be tracers. Nice call! The book is at least miscut. The Wings logo usually has space above it and is aligned even to the top. This one is actually cutting into the logo and at a noticeable angle.