• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Ditko Hulk ORIGINAL ART for sale

7 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I hate to do it, but I have an opportunity to purchase a grail piece of original art and so I am offering up a couple of my Steve Ditko Hulk pages from Tales to Astonish.

As you are aware, Ditko super-hero Marvel art is EXCEEDINGLY rare and does not often come up for sale in the marketplace.

I am offering a panel page from Tales to Astonish 61 featuring Betty Ross, Glenn Talbot, Bruce Banner, and a great panel of Banner transforming into the Hulk

Price: $1,250

I am also offering the Splash Page from Tales to Astonish 60, the re-introduction of the Hulk into his own title in TTA. this features all the major characters and a wonderul HUGE image of the Hulk. Ditko art is rare; Ditko SPLASH pages are INCREDIBLY rare. I am truly wrestling with letting this go, but I do have the chance to obtain a grail piece and so I need to raise some money to do so. I have been told by people that a key piece like this should bring $18,000 but I am motivated to sell.

Price: $15,000

Oh, and Time Payments can be worked out if a lump sum is an issue!

PM me with interest. Thanks!

TTA 61 page:

Ditko001.jpg

TTA 60 Splash:

tta60pg1.jpg

Man, that Ditko splash is amazing.

Thanks! One of the really cool things about it is that all of the text, including that huge title and the side-bar commentary, is all hand-drawn. When you think about how much effort had to go into these old pages, it's amazing. In addition, how often do you get to see Banner AND Hulk in the same splash?

Awesome stuff! 893applaud-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Is the 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Dr. Banner thinking about owning some Hulk original art? poke2.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Wish I could, but I have a few other priorities at this time!