• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone recognize this image from a convention program?
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Hi Folks,

This isn't really a convention, but I have an original Gary Frank piece with DC and Marvel Characters and I don't know where it was used.  Heck, Gary Frank doesn't know either (but he knows it was more than just a commission to a fan).  I've already asked in the original art forums and other places (such as direct with Gary Frank)

Some theories include a Wizard Magazine cover but could not find anything.  Another theory is a convention program book. Anyone go to a con around 2004 and remember this in their convention program guide? :)

Thanks in advance for any help or info!

Malvin

ZSPsOTsR_1306171815131gpadd.jpg

A reverse google image search doesn't bring up much.  However, it shows that the website superherouniverse.com has used the artwork in some manner.

They probably have a larger image somewhere hidden, but here's a thumb of what they've done:

DLaw_MarvelDC.jpg

Hope that helps a little.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just swiped the art and put their logo on the page (plus added an additional character to the middle).

13 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

A reverse google image search doesn't bring up much.  However, it shows that the website superherouniverse.com has used the artwork in some manner.

They probably have a larger image somewhere hidden, but here's a thumb of what they've done:

DLaw_MarvelDC.jpg

Hope that helps a little.  I wouldn't be surprised if they just swiped the art and put their logo on the page (plus added an additional character to the middle).

wow, you are the first person to give me any sort of lead, thanks

Malvin

8 minutes ago, malvin said:

wow, you are the first person to give me any sort of lead, thanks

Malvin

NP :acclaim:

And actually, I found a larger image (actually a few of them).  Take a look under the member galleries for the user Jerod.  It looks like he may have swiped the art for a couple of these (or just made really low res scans) of this art and added extra characters to the middle while adding a comic book logo for superherouniverse on the top.

http://superherouniverse.com/art/showgallery.php/ppuser/505/cat/500

Jerod must have gotten this art from somewhere, so maybe he knows a little more.

2 minutes ago, masterlogan2000 said:

NP :acclaim:

And actually, I found a larger image (actually a few of them).  Take a look under the member galleries for the user Jerod.  It looks like he may have swiped the art for a couple of these (or just made really low res scans) of this art and added extra characters to the middle while adding a comic book logo for superherouniverse on the top.

http://superherouniverse.com/art/showgallery.php/ppuser/505/cat/500

Jerod must have gotten this art from somewhere, so maybe he knows a little more.

I'll join and ask him, except when I look at the dates, they are all recent, so he could have swiped the image from me! Which makes it a circular search... although the resolution doesn't quite look right so maybe he did get it somewhere else.

Malvin