• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man #55

30 posts in this topic

This issue has been steadily increasing over the years. Do you think that trend will continue or will this issue's price eventually fall? I recently saw one in NM 9.4 slabbed go for $650! Is that the norm??

While its impossible to predict the future prices of comics with any accuracy,I'd venture to guess that this book will not experiance skyrocketing prices in the near future. The demand for the whole Thanos/Captain Marvel/Starlin epics seems to have leveled off

and barring either a new series or a movie,there seems to be little to forcast an increased market demand.

Its a key book to many people but one that seems to have found its way into most collections that desired one.

At $650 for a slabbed 9.4,I'd pass on the book.

I disagree in part - the upcoming Iron man movie will cause ALL key Iron Man books to increase significantly - I hoarde them and i am always getting outbid the last 4 months or so - this never happened to me before - ever.

CAL hi.gif

not entirely...

9.6's have been selling at their highs (online and privately)... $1,000+ range.

9.6's used to be attainable at $500-$800 mark. You might be able to get a lower PQ / QP copy in that range possibly, but well centered white pagers likely not.

Anyone know where I can find another 9.8? I have a buyer for one that's definately still hot for Thanos keys... and he can't have mine.

...I have an OW/W 9.4 I'd be willing to part with for $575.00,...it would pain me to lose it, ....but I enjoy making people happy,...... smirk.gif

Oh, come on... Does anyone really care about Thanos? poke2.gif

Seriously, why all the hype over Iron Man #55, which is really not all that much of a Thanos appearance (he just shows up and monologues for a bit), while Captain Marvel 27 & 28 (real first full appearance and vastly cooler covers) get no love?

IM 55 can also be considered the first appearence of those bedrocks of the Marvel Universe-Moondragon and The Destroyer.

Without any research,I'm guessing Moondragon was the first bald chick in American entertainment,starting a trend that culminated with Sinead O'Connor ripping up a picture of the Pope and then being booed off the stage at a Dylan concert.Yet another example of The Great American Comicbooks growing influence in The Bronze Age.

okay,a little research. The female known as Moondragon does appear in #54,but not as Moondragon. The Moondragon character first appear in #55,I think.I don't have a copy handy.

I'm not sure how Overstreet or collectors handle this.

IM 55 can also be considered the first appearence of those bedrocks of the Marvel Universe-Moondragon and The Destroyer.

Without any research,I'm guessing Moondragon was the first bald chick in American entertainment,starting a trend that culminated with Sinead O'Connor ripping up a picture of the Pope and then being booed off the stage at a Dylan concert.Yet another example of The Great American Comicbooks growing influence in The Bronze Age.

Don't forget Persis Khambatta, the bald chick in the first Star Trek film.

not entirely...

9.6's have been selling at their highs (online and privately)... $1,000+ range.

9.6's used to be attainable at $500-$800 mark. You might be able to get a lower PQ / QP copy in that range possibly, but well centered white pagers likely not.

Anyone know where I can find another 9.8? I have a buyer for one that's definately still hot for Thanos keys... and he can't have mine.

What!...you don't have a 9.9 or 10.0 copy by now...you're slipping Bruce.. 27_laughing.gif

Don't forget Persis Khambatta, the bald chick in the first Star Trek film.

She was pretty hot for a bald chick. Plus I love pronouncing her name. Former Miss India 1968 to boot.

6440_small.jpg

On topic, I think Shadroch is right. This comic has gotten a little to high relative to it's importance and won't gain much more except possibly in ultra high grade (9.6+).

1867_2_0055.jpg

On topic, I think Shadroch is right. This comic has gotten a little to high relative to it's importance and won't gain much more except possibly in ultra high grade (9.6+).

Unless of course a Thanos movie gets made. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Unless of course a Thanos movie gets made. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif