• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can this be true? Kelsey Grammer, The Beast?

30 posts in this topic

Per Avi Arad, there will be no CGI involved with The Beast. The effect will be created with makeup and prostheses, just like The Thing in the FF movie.

if that's true then hopefully he's not furry blue all movie long and they just do something at the end to indicate the full effect of his change....

i really have no desire to see kelsey gramer running around covered in blue playdoh for 90mins....

Per Avi Arad, there will be no CGI involved with The Beast. The effect will be created with makeup and prostheses, just like The Thing in the FF movie.

if that's true then hopefully he's not furry blue all movie long and they just do something at the end to indicate the full effect of his change....

i really have no desire to see kelsey gramer running around covered in blue playdoh for 90mins....

http://www.superherohype.com/news/featuresnews.php?id=3023

...From Old Guy's link...

" We asked Avi whether Grammer will be wearing a suit like The Thing, played by Michael Chiklis, in Fantastic Four. "You will see Beast like you've never seen him before. It's going to be very true to the comic. Of course we're building a suit and hair, you name it. Without going into detail, he's a very central character here in the movie and very much within what Hank McCoy is, Dr. McCoy."

Layer Cake director Matthew Vaughn is taking over from the first two films' director Bryan Singer. "I'm glad that 'Layer Cake' came out to help people understand who this guy is," said Arad. We've known him for a long time, but once we saw Layer Cake... You know he produces movies and he does understand the role, the sets and writing. There's a lot of functions. Some producers are lucky enough to take the plunge, to say 'that's it, I'm going to go for it'.

Asked whether anyone from the first two movies is not coming back, Arad said that "they're all coming back." Is there anything we can expect for Dark Phoenix or Gambit? "Well, just saying that Famke is coming back, we'll leave it to people's imagination to figure it out. And no comment on Gambit."

Avi added that 20th Century Fox expects to start shooting at the end of July. "We've been in active pre-production, costuming and all these things for quite a while. It's not starting at ground zero.""

So sounds like no Joss Whedon directing. Which is fine by me. Still, hard to imagin Grammer being able to pull off the acrobatics at all. When Avi says "no CGI at all" he must only mean the costume.

Try and come up to speed man. poke2.gif

Mentioned earlier in the thread:

Also, Vaughn is out. His replacement hasn't been named yet.

The rumor is Brett Ratner.

Yup. I hope that rumor is wrong.

They need to BEG Singer to make the time to do it.

Actually i think it would be pretty amusing if they could get Ridley Scott to do this kinda action movie....

Actually i think it would be pretty amusing if they could get Ridley Scott to do this kinda action movie....

The rumor is that he was "let go", not that he left by choice.

The rumor is that he was "let go", not that he left by choice.

Yah...i've heard it go both ways....by choice and fired....don't know for sure which is true, but unless he came out with some truly heinous ideas for what to do in the movie..i don't know why they'd get rid of him for the 3rd movie...unless they had issues with other movies he was working on....Supes or Logan's Run....both would be direct competition to the X-Franchise...