• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green label Pre-signed books.. thoughts?

3 posts in this topic

I have some books that are very high grade, certified (Typically Dynamic Forces) autographed and numbered limited edition books.   What im wondering is.. 

1. If this book was on sale somewhere, and had a green label CGC grade/slab and included the DF Certificate and/or hologram seal, would you buy it?

2. Would you feel better if it was "authenticated" by PGX, or CGCS or someone else that does 'autograph authentication' or would you rather trust the CGC grade overall buy these only from someone that you trust to sell you real autographs?

I guess no one else has opinions :) Thanks Bob..   I was hoping to get a few (different or not) people chime in..   I just personally think that 1.  The slab helps keep the book protected enough that it seems that it would be worth doing as the "case itself is potentially worth $10-15 by itself" and knowing what the grade is from a 3rd party (CGC) before buying it over the internet.  2. It does give you a grade.. You could have DF (or other) certified books that are in crappy shape.. or maybe not great shape say 8.5.. but you want something in the 9.4+ range.. seems to me the qualified would be better then 'taking a sellers word' that the book is xx.xx grade..

Edited by comxdlr
left out the 2. :)