• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

do you follow galleries on CAF?
2 2

45 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Weird Paper said:

I'm following 181, and followed by 55. It would be interesting to be able to ID those who follow you. It might lead me to discover galleries out there I don't already know about.

I've asked about that already.  It seems they'd thought about it but decided against it.  Probably privacy issues.  Not unreasonable.
(But I am curious about who's following me.)

10 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

watching about 90, watched by 43- I do wish that the comment count didn't include replies to comments, as I would respond to more comments, but feel like doing that artificially inflates the number of unique comments on a piece of art.

Me as well, regarding the comment count.

I'm also watching something like 90 galleries, and have 44 watching mine.
I never paid attention to the Most Views or Most Comments links. Prefer to do my own digging/viewing.

When people leave comments, I tend to go view their galleries. I've found many of the galleries I follow that way.

7 hours ago, thethedew said:

Lee,

There's a 'Manage Watched CAF Galleries' option under your 'My Premium Preferences' function.

Thanks Andrew!  I just deleted someone.  And it wasn't you, who I have been following for a while.  Best, Lee

I've asked about that already.  It seems they'd thought about it but decided against it.  Probably privacy issues.  Not unreasonable.
(But I am curious about who's following me.)

I'm following 181, and followed by 55. It would be interesting to be able to ID those who follow you. It might lead me to discover galleries out there I don't already know about.

It would be like knowing the identity of your secret admirer.  I expressed my concern to Bill Cox as well.

BUT on your CAF main gallery page scroll down to the bottom and find the About the Owner block.

Click on the the link :

View [you name here]'s Site Activity on CAF

Among other things which were already public, you (and others) can see who you've recently added to your watched galleries .

I guess CAF's "compromise" to seeing who's watching you is to tell everyone who you recently started watching.

I find that odd.