• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buster Crabbe and the Maid of Mars

10 posts in this topic

This issue got mentioned in the GA still flying under the radar thread, and I thought it would be fun to post the story here.  The scans are from my copy, but were cleaned up by my friend Geo for the Digital Comic Museum a few years ago.  Just some stunningly good work by Al Williamson, Joe Orlando, and Roy Krenkel under the Frazetta cover.  Amazing work even by the outrageously high standards of the Fleagle gang:

bc_05_pg00_fc.jpg

bc_05_pg02.jpg

bc_05_pg03.jpg

Thanks for sharing those quality scans! Ive been trying to score a copy of that book for 5 years (always either to late or to expensive!) and just finally secured a copy thats wsiting for me back in the US. Your scans have simultaneously satiated me, and wanted me to get my hands on my copy even sooner!

On 7/7/2017 at 7:02 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

One of my all time favorite stories. Does anyone know if it has ever been reprinted anywhere?

I have a vague impression it's shown up in a fanzine or book on Williamson, but I'm not sure.  The Grand Comics Database doesn't show any reprints.

More generally, glad so many people are enjoying seeing the story!