• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Spider Man 48

5 posts in this topic

There is a tiny missing piece on the front cover (middle right) and there is a date stamp on the back of the cover.  Besides that, the corners look nice and spine is clean.  I'm not sure how much CGC would deduct for these defects.   What would you all give this copy?  

IMG_0541-min.JPG

IMG_0552-min.JPG

IMG_0553-min.JPG

I can't see a piece missing beyond a small marvel chip on the front middle right. Am I reading that correctly? The staples appear to me to be starting to rust and are leaving a rust stain by the upper centerfold staple which in my mind is not good.  Some not very deep spine ticks and no apparent color breaks. I'm not sure what CGC would do with the date stamps, I don't think that really damages a grade but there's more knowledgeable  people on those than I. One back corner looks roughed up. I'm at a 6.5 maybe 7.0. Consider a press.

I continue to think the vulture was a stretch as a super villain, more like a super letch. 

Yes, the small chip on the right middle cover was what I referring to.  The staples appear to be in good shape, I've added some more pics to help.   Just started learning howto grade so I appreciate the help and feedback!   With these new pics, do you think the book could be an 8 or higher?

IMG_0545-min.JPG

IMG_0549-min.JPG

IMG_0550-min.JPG

IMG_0551-min.JPG

no, I doubt you are going to get an 8.  8 is a large number. It is a nice looking book. I love reading mine (well, not that dumb vulture). The path to 9.6's is strewn with heartache.  

If you're new to grading as am I, look at a few thousand books just to gain some humility.  Even worse, grade your own books and come back in a month and do it again.  You'll be handing out .5's in no time.