• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars in Canada?

28 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Star Wars is playing in Canada yet. Thanks.

Hold on a bit, I'll have to take the sled dogs into town to find out. We don't get newspapers out here anymore.

Maybe while watching the movie a hockey game will break out? poke2.gif

Hold on a bit, I'll have to take the sled dogs into town to find out. We don't get newspapers out here anymore.

We don't have TV here either. We used to but the electricity got too expensive, so everything is battery powered.

We don't have TV here either. We used to but the electricity got too expensive, so everything is battery powered.

But...you live in the sticks! poke2.gif

I don't live in sticks anymore. We upgraded to an igloo.

..So what does blubber taste like anyway?.... tongue.gif

..So what does blubber taste like anyway?.... tongue.gif

Just like chicken headbang.gif

You know ... the Northern United State. poke2.gif

Does this mean nobody knows or nobody is telling?

It means the question is really kinda silly and obvious.

Yes, the question is rather silly since they already had preliminary advanced screenings in Canada a few days ago with the movie scheduled to go into full release on Wednesday night (i.e. last night) starting at midnight.

tth2 probably has an advantage over us in North America since he lives in Hong Kong and the DVD will probably be out by this weekend or not long after that. 27_laughing.gif

Hey everybody, I notice on the marquee their showing a new science fiction movie from a young director name Lucas. It's called Star Wars: A New Hope!! poke2.gif

I hope the special effect are top notch!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gifyay.gif

Hey everybody, I notice on the marquee their showing a new science fiction movie from a young director name Lucas. It's called Star Wars: A New Hope!! poke2.gif

I hope the special effect are top notch!! 893crossfingers-thumb.gifyay.gif

Wow, your town has a theatre? That is so cool.

I really don't understand americans, why would you pay to see stars when you can just go outside and look at them for free?

(edit) ok that was lame.

Star Wars opened in Canada this morning at 12:01am.

I really don't understand americans, why would you pay to see stars when you can just go outside and look at them for free?

(edit) ok that was lame.

Star Wars opened in Canada this morning at 12:01am.

Thank you finally an answer!

Canadian reciepts are counted as part of the "domestic" box office by the studios, so it is their interest to release all major films simultaneously in Canada and the U.S. It's all part of the continuing disrespect for Canadian sovereignty that we in the states are known for. As payback, Canada requires french language versions to be available on the same day and date as english language versions of major releases, so Hollywood studios generally rush through a french Canadian audio mix before release as well, all so that a dozen or so theatres in Quebec can open the movie at the same time as the rest of Canada, and by extension the U.S.