• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anatomically Correct Superman Figure?

38 posts in this topic

WAY , WAY OFF TOPIC, BUT.........cool looking Avatar there Fire, what does it mean???

Thanks. It's art from an Alkaline Trio album. They are a band from my home town of Chicago, I suppose you could classify them as a punk. Check them out. thumbsup2.gif

http://www.alkalinetrio.com/

Alkaline trio are a truly awesome band! thumbsup2.gif

Surprised you have heard of them in England. I remember when they were playing 20 or 30 person shows at The Fireside Bowl in Chicago. My friend saw them play in a kitchen at a house party. Those were the days...

Surprised you have heard of them in England. I remember when they were playing 20 or 30 person shows at The Fireside Bowl in Chicago. My friend saw them play in a kitchen at a house party. Those were the days...

893whatthe.gif In a kitchen in a house party?? cloud9.gif I think they're great. Never been to see them though frown.gif I think it was Kerrang channel and Q channel on sky that made me aware of them initially. Songs like Private Eye and Stupid Kid got me hooked!

893whatthe.gif In a kitchen in a house party?? cloud9.gif I think they're great. Never been to see them though frown.gif I think it was Kerrang channel and Q channel on sky that made me aware of them initially. Songs like Private Eye and Stupid Kid got me hooked!

Private eye is one of my favorites too. Pick up "From here to Infirmary", which is I feel is their best. Some might say "Goddamit" is better, but there are two or three weak songs on that one.

You aren't missing a whole lot if you haven't seen them live. I have been to two or three shows and their studio efforts are much stronger. Since they are a trio, what they can do on stage is rather limited. If you want an insane live experience, see AFI. They define energy.

Private eye is one of my favorites too. Pick up "From here to Infirmary", which is I feel is their best. Some might say "Goddamit" is better, but there are two or three weak songs on that one.

You aren't missing a whole lot if you haven't seen them live. I have been to two or three shows and their studio efforts are much stronger. Since they are a trio, what they can do on stage is rather limited. If you want an insane live experience, see AFI. They define energy.

Im heading into town on monday i'll have a look out for those!

I've only heard a few of AFI's songs. I like them but they tend to dissapear amongst my masses of other bands.

Last gig i went to was Jimmyeatworld cloud9.gif great stage presence and great songs. I advise to go see them. crazy.gif

I've only heard a few of AFI's songs. I like them but they tend to dissapear amongst my masses of other bands.

Last gig i went to was Jimmyeatworld cloud9.gif great stage presence and great songs. I advise to go see them. crazy.gif

They used to play the Fireside as well. I missed seeing them when they were local, but at least two of my friends have been to Jimmy Eat World shows when there were less than 20 people present. Chicago is THE CITY to live in if you like punk. During the mid and late 90s, the scene was unbelievably strong, with bands like Slapstick, The Bollweevils, 88 Fingers Louie, Screeching Weasel and Less than Jake playing every weekend. In fact, Less than Jake played my high school!

I edit a magazine my friend publishes on the Chicago Punk scene. He has seen 300+ shows and has interviewed every major band you could think of from that scene, including Green Day and Blink 182. Here is the link.

http://www.jadedinchicago.com/

They used to play the Fireside as well. I missed seeing them when they were local, but at least two of my friends have been to Jimmy Eat World shows when there were less than 20 people present. Chicago is THE CITY to live in if you like punk. During the mid and late 90s, the scene was unbelievably strong, with bands like Slapstick, The Bollweevils, 88 Fingers Louie, Screeching Weasel and Less than Jake playing every weekend. In fact, Less than Jake played my high school!

I edit a magazine my friend publishes on the Chicago Punk scene. He has seen 300+ shows and has interviewed every major band you could think of from that scene, including Green Day and Blink 182. Here is the link.

http://www.jadedinchicago.com/

hail.gif I'm coming to live with you! hail.gif You mentioend another two bands there i love. less Than Jake who i have seen twice and Schreeching Weasel who i discovered nto too long ago! cloud9.gif

Just reading through the magazine, i see an interview with Bad Religion which im not going to hesitate to read. Cheers for the link! *bookmarks* Is it a monthly?

(worship) I'm coming to live with you! hail.gif You mentioend another two bands there i love. less Than Jake who i have seen twice and Schreeching Weasel who i discovered nto too long ago! cloud9.gif

Just reading through the magazine, i see an interview with Bad Religion which im not going to hesitate to read. Cheers for the link! *bookmarks* Is it a monthly?

Unfortunately, the jerk who owns The Fireside turned it back into a bowling alley after a falling out with Brian Peterson who planned the shows. So I wouldn't book that plane ticket just yet. There is still The Metro, Bottom Lounge, The Vic and The Riv, but things will never be the same. frown.gif

Less than Jake played my high school gym when I was a senior (98). Cool show, very personal. Screeching Weasel is a great band, check out Boogadaboogadaboogada and Bark Like a Dog. Classic stuff! I just saw Bad Religion a few months ago. A solid show. Their albums tend to run together stylistically, but Stranger Than Fiction and The Process of Belief are standouts.

I could go on and on about this stuff....