• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Advice for selling graphic novels at a con?
1 1

22 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

23 hours ago, AndyFish said:

I wouldn't let shipping stop you-- I for one love seeing TPBs and HCs here on the boards-- and I'm the guy at the con who buys up all the $5 trades.     I prefer collected editions over comics anyday.  Much easier to pull them off a shelf than dig through boxes.  If you keep the shipping to cost and go with $5 a book I think you'll have no trouble moving them.

I think digital comics actually hurt the sales  of TPBs and HCs much more than the regular comics.

The thing you said of how it is much easier to pull them off a shelf is comparable to me saying it's much easier for me to pick up my Kindle and open it up and read TPBs and HCs with a few clicks.

Times are really changing.

What you said on digital comics hurting the sales ... might be true. But the fact is, there will ALWAYS be a group of people who likes having the book in their hands and open it up to read. 

It's funny, I just bought a box of TPBs from a local flea market vendor. He had them three months, was selling them for $5 each and unloaded the stock to me for $1.50 each. 

Included was a Secret Wars 2 Omnibus that sells on ebay for an average price over $150. Had eight Dr Who TPBs that seem to sell  for $10-15 on the bay. Also was a Conquest Omni that goes for about $30. He also sold me some oversized( treasury sized but thinner) comics I'd never seen before. Superman/FF, a JLA and a Batman . I'll recoup my money on the SW Omni. Going to offer the rest here for a nice discount.