• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Hulk 181

22 posts in this topic

Just picked up a copy of Hulk 181, my first "major" issue in my collection.

It's seen some better days, I'm pretty new at collecting but it looks like maybe a 2.0-3.0?

would love to see your thoughts before I send it in! Thanks

IMG_0790.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

I'd say 2.0 or a little lower.... is the spine split at all? also, do the tears near the top staple go through the entire book?

If so you might be looking at 1.8

Its also got a lot of "pressable defects" like slight bends, but I would put a lot of thought BEFORE pressing and such; if that cover is barely hanging on etc. and also it has other issues besides the pressable defects that it might not help the grade much but would make it more presentable in the CGC case to be proud of it etc.; also depends on if you want the extra cost to press....

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, BobJob42 said:

Thank you for the feedback Adamantium, I truly appreciate it.

The spine is not split nor does it appear that the tears go through the entire book. Is it honestly worth pressing?

I know its a rough copy but I am ultimately happy to just have one

NO It's probably not worth pressing, but it depends on your point of view ... I don't know how flat it lies, I'd just think that it would help presentation, not a grade bump by any stretch, but when I heard how much joeypost charges, it's hard not to consider asking him is all :) but NO probably not worth pressing... depending how much the book cost you vs how much to press, but it never hurts to ask? or I would even if I'm being foolish in asking, then I've heard reasons why etc. 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

NO It's probably not worth pressing, but it depends on your point of view ... I don't know how flat it lies, I'd just think that it would help presentation, not a grade bump by any stretch but when I heard how much joeypost charges, it's hard not to consider asking him is all :) but NO probably not worth pressing depending how much the book cost you vs how much to press, but it never hurts to ask? or I would even if I'm being foolish in asking, then I've heard reasons why etc. 

Thank you for the insight

28 minutes ago, BobJob42 said:

Thank you for the insight

lol thanks for being patient with me as I'm a noob to pressing, but I do know that when they press they also clean fyi.

Congrats though on your first major addition :) 

24 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

I trust your grading skills now(worship) and have revised my grade to a CGC 2.0 !!!!!1

:roflmao: