• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman Dark Nights: Metal
1 1

38 posts in this topic

After reading the book, it feels like Snyder is trying to re-write some origin story, like Hawkman/Hawkgirl, Metal men, Red Tornado, etc.....

The book feels more like a Geoff Johns' writing than Snyder. 

I didn't read The Forge or The Casting. I did like this book, although I was clearly missing some pertinent information. Being new to comics I had no idea who they were dropping on the last page.

I want to subscribe to this but the last page was VERY intimidating at $4 a pop or more...!

20170816_233318.jpg

This might be better:

https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/883460752698486784

DEKu3myWAAAiFgm?format=jpg

1 hour ago, Martin Sinescu said:

That's utter nonsense unless their goal is to drag their readers down into an abyss of confusion and poverty with little substantive payoff, at which point: Mission Accomplished! 

also: Batman The Murder Machine! :roflmao:

After Secret Empire (75 books, $300+ retail), Metal (25 books, ~$100 retail) is looking decidedly tame. I'm not planning on getting everything, though and having most of the tie-ins at $2.99 does help a bit. :nyah:

And here's the cover for Batman: The Murder Machine.

STL057115?type=1

Lots of hype for this series. In a way I feel like I’m supposed to like it...but it didn’t have too much of a Wow factor for me. The Dark Knights single issues were fun I’ll give it that. Definitely worth checking out. But as a whole...seemed forced and lacked real substance. Almost like the Justice League movie...

I will pick it up in collected format...even if it’s just for the art and eventual nostalgia. Thinking about selling all my singles now. Been wondering what sort of value these might hold a year or so from now.

I enjoyed the series. Grabbed every issue and tie-in. The Dark Knights single issue origin stories were the highlight. Overall I found it to be a fun read. Since it's been out for so long and now finished, I'll be re-reading the entire event altogether because lot of the details got lost in between the long gaps between issues.