• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about Crackajack Funnies nn Malto Meal giveaway
2 2

11 posts in this topic

I recently purchased this comic on eBay.  It's very low grade and I didn't pay much, but I am not sure that all of the pages are there.

I counted the pages when I received the comic and it has 32 pages including the covers.  The Grand Comics Database says that it should have 36.  Overstreet says 32 pages, but I'm not sure if they include the covers.

Does anyone here actually own a copy of this book, and if so, can you verify the page count for me?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can give.

Crackajack Funnies NN.jpg

I can't tell for sure, but from your picture it looks like the cover is newsprint, not glossy like the GCD says.  And the page count at the GCD is under 32 pages.

I don't have a copy, but I suspect in this case that Overstreet is right and GCD is wrong, and your book is complete.  (Overstreet page counts normally include the cover in the count)

4 hours ago, OtherEric said:

And the page count at the GCD is under 32 pages.

I saw that, it's a 29 so with the covers (+4) that would be 33 pages. I suspect a typo in the index, and it should be 28 + 4 = 32.

25 minutes ago, sacentaur said:

I saw that, it's a 29 so with the covers (+4) that would be 33 pages. I suspect a typo in the index, and it should be 28 + 4 = 32.

The front cover is actually indexed as well, making it 30.  2 unindexed ads would bring it nicely to 32.

Indexers including ads at the GCD is very much hit or miss, with a lot more miss than hit.  I only include them about 1/3 of the time when I'm indexing something; although I'm far more likely to mention them on a GA book.

10 hours ago, Mutant Manatee said:

I recently purchased this comic on eBay.  It's very low grade and I didn't pay much, but I am not sure that all of the pages are there.

I counted the pages when I received the comic and it has 32 pages including the covers.  The Grand Comics Database says that it should have 36.  Overstreet says 32 pages, but I'm not sure if they include the covers.

Does anyone here actually own a copy of this book, and if so, can you verify the page count for me?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can give.

Both my copies are 32 pages, with two facing Speed Bolton Air Ace strips in the centerfold.

Edited by BOOT

On 8/4/2017 at 8:43 PM, BOOT said:

Both my copies are 32 pages, with two facing Speed Bolton Air Ace strips in the centerfold.

Thank you so much!   This discrepancy actually caused a bit of difficulty between myself and the seller.  I am going to correct the Grand Comics Database so hopefully this can be avoided in the future.

:tink:

12 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Won't be the first time they were wrong, Tony. Funny thing, they are so scarce and I just won, one recently too.

image.png.7836d4ae0c71a8fd3b7a0af2eb6d64e6.png

Hi, Sha!   :hi:

That is a coincidence!  Your copy presents very well.  Nice!  You know me, I'm a bottom feeder.  I only paid $35 for my copy.  Ha ha!  

Oh well, I'm just happy to have one.  :)

10 hours ago, Mutant Manatee said:

Hi, Sha!   :hi:

That is a coincidence!  Your copy presents very well.  Nice!  You know me, I'm a bottom feeder.  I only paid $35 for my copy.  Ha ha!  

Oh well, I'm just happy to have one.  :)

Anytime I buy something that you buy, Tony, I know I'm in great company. BTW, the CC ad said 32 pages.