• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ditko talks about the early days of Spider-man
1 1

48 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

Boy thats not quite how I read it.    I read it as 

I dont think much of Stan, but I would never publicly and openly criticize him; I will say enough for you to draw that conclusion if you read between the lines.

Actually that's exactly how I read it too, implied but not stated outright.

On 8/8/2017 at 0:22 AM, 01TheDude said:

which is odd since I used to know this and once sent Nicholas Price a letter asking if he would draw me a quick sketch. He politely declined stating that if he did that for me, he would have to do it for all the other Joe Camel fans who are always writing to him. Though I will not be too upset as he did father SEVEN children.

Funny, he sounds like Ditko...

On 5/31/2022 at 3:44 PM, Bird said:

:taptaptap:

ummm.......

Lookit, I did order it and I'm sure I tried to read it.

Somewhere (after this post) in the years of posting here I made the statement: I've given up on reading any new Ditko. It's all just angry chicken scratch.

The dude had issues and I didn't want to pay money to read about 'em.

Edited by NoMan

On 5/31/2022 at 7:06 PM, NoMan said:

ummm.......

Lookit, I did order it and I'm sure I tried to read it.

Somewhere (after this post) in the years of posting here I made the statement: I've given up on reading any new Ditko. It's all just angry chicken scratch.

The dude had issues and I didn't want to pay money to read about 'em.

that was quick! :golfclap:

the few I had were also angry diatribes, poorly written and mostly "propaganda" for his viewpoint. Who Is Mr. A? They were almost parodies of comic books except they weren't.

frankly, I may have to go after more pre-Spider-Man-Ditko. I love some of that stuff that I have seen (and only own a little).

Economy Joe? That's up there with Great Googly Moogly, TunaXBushwick and XxhtrxX (or whatever it was Captain of Industry existed as for a week before COI).

No, no and no.

I expect things to be back to normal in the morning.

:sumo: