• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

<CLOSED> Random slabs below GPA (X-Men 94); new raws added 8/9 (Flash Comics 64, Strange Adventures 51, ASMs)

27 posts in this topic

I am looking to pare off a few items that I have moved away from in my collection. I am also trying to finish off my ASM #s 20 - 380 run (only 14 issues left!). Here are some books that I am willing to part with.  I am looking to add maybe a couple more to this thread, and I have some Copper Age slabs that I will be listing over there. Happy to negotiate across threads if you are buying from both. Reasonable PM offers are welcomed, but the first :takeit:in the thread trumps all ongoing negotiations. I am trying to be below GPA on slabs, and I am including free US shipping on this thread, and on the Copper Age thread.

PayPal is easiest, and, of course, if you are comfortable with it, I prefer the fee-free route (THIS IS NOT MANDATORY).  I will also be happy to take checks or money orders. Shipping is free for US shipments, but insurance is your responsibility. I will ship internationally, but I ask that you discuss with me fully in advance. I do not want to make any money on shipping, but I don't really like to lose money there either. Payment expected within 7 days.  Standard rules apply...nobody from the bad lists, please.

Only three books to start, but I will be looking at a few more tonight depending on how this goes. Pics in subsequent posts.

<SOLD>  X-Men CGC 9.0; old label; no clue on pressing status as I bought slabbed, but I strongly doubt it; OW to W pages - $750 *NOW $700* shipped in the US ( GPA = $764 last 90 days, $793 last sale, and those don't include shipping) <SOLD>  

Shazam #1 CGC 9.0; has never been pressed (I submitted); White pages - $85 *NOW $80* shipped in the US ( GPA = $95 last 90 days, $70 last sale, and those don't include shipping)

<SOLD>  The Flash #127 CGC 4.5; no clue on pressing status; 1st Grodd cover; OW to W pages - $50 shipped in the US ( GPA = $51 last 12 months, $56 last sale, and those don't include shipping)  <SOLD>

<SOLD>  Black Cat Mystery #42 (Harvey, 1953); only 15 on the census; I call this one 2.0; tanning pages and cover, creasing, 1" spine split at bottom, spine roll, $1.00 written on cover, 32 pages there, CF attached, cover attached with some staple tearing - $20 shipped in the US  <SOLD>

Daredevil #95 (Lev Gleason, 1952); I call this one 2.0; tanning or even browning of pages and cover, creasing including a full length cover crease, tiny (~0.25") spine split at bottom, tighter and flatter than the Black Cat, name written on cover and some writing on splash page, some small water damage near back, 32 pages there, CF attached, cover attached - $12 shipped in the US

<SOLD>  Flash Comics #64 (1945); again I call this one 2.0; pages in much better condition...cream?, small (~0.50") spine split at bottom, lays tight and flat, piece missing in logo box (this is the biggest issue) small triangle at bottom front cover and bottom right cover, some writing on back cover and a small coupon filled out (but present!) in the CF, 48 pages there, CF attached, cover attached - $85 *NOW $75* shipped in the US  <SOLD>  

My Greatest Adventure #66 (DC, 1962); only six on the census and the highest is 8.5; really nice copy that I am calling 8.0; I thought this was a stone cold lock to be top of census while in the mylar; solid tight spine with approx 10 minor ticks; there are a couple NCB indentions that should absolutely press out; some slight color wear in the green on FC; biggest issue is some small wear on bottom of BC (please see pic);  32 pages there, CF attached, cover attached - $60 shipped in the US (firm on this one...off for a press and clean if it doesn't sell)

Mystery In Space #71 (DC, 1961); general wear bringing this one down to a 5.0; see the spine as that's the biggest issue; some light soiling bottom left FC; fantastic page quality; 5.50 written on BC in pencil along with some light soiling; top staple seems very high  to me (between 10c and DC logo) and there seems to be some staple holes through the first 16 pages, but no staples...no clue what's going on here; 32 pages there, CF attached, cover attached - $30 *NOW $25* shipped in the US

Strange Adventures #51 (DC, 1954); I hear this is a tough book to find in any grade; this one looks better in the bag with spine splits being the major culprit; one at the top about 1.5" and one between the staples about 2"; couple small chips missing FC with a corner crease and a smudged date stamp (Oct 20-something); BC has a small piece missing and several small tears around the edges; 32 pages there, CF attached, cover attached; because of the spine splits, I am calling it 2.0 - $125 *NOW $80* shipped in the US

Strange Adventures #150 (DC, 1963); fantastic grey tone cover with an Atomic Knights story; I am calling it 5.0; really tight spine with minimal wear, but bottom staple is headed towards being pulled (still attached now); small tear right edge FC where someone has thumbed through the book; biggest issue is faint but there is a water ring on FC from a drink (small footprint...maybe an aluminum can?), this is hard to see unless in the right light and does not go through to the inside of the FC or pages and no wrinkling on FC;  32 pages there, CF attached, cover attached - $20 *NOW $17* shipped in the US

<SOLD>  Amazing Spider-Man #29 (Marvel, 1965); cool Scorpion cover; I grade this one 4.0; general wear commensurate with the age; see the two small tears in the top right FC; spine wear; minor creasing; pages are decent, but 2+" tear on splash page (see pic); 32 pages present, CF attached, cover attached - $38 shipped in the US <SOLD>  

Amazing Spider-Man #88 (Marvel, 1970); Doc Ock!; I grade this one 4.5; more general wear...stuff that doesn't look bad until you get the light right; spine wear; minor creasing; blunted corners; pages are creamy; back cover soiling; 32 pages present, CF attached, cover attached - $10 shipped in the US

Amazing Spider-Man #133 (Marvel, 1965); I love this Molten Man cover; I grade this one Qualified 4.0; MVS is sadly missing; spine wear; minor creasing; there are some pressable defects on the FC...I know this book isn't worth it, but it may be a good practice book for someone learning to do this at home?; soiling back cover is the biggest issue besides the MVS; 32 pages present, CF attached, cover attached - $6 shipped in the US or add it to any other purchase for $2!

Edited by elibowman