• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Columbus - Last Weekend

7 posts in this topic

Anyone make it to this show?  I had some friends set up and sell prints and they said it was a disappointment like last year.  Definitely glad I didn't make the drive down. 

Edited by 1Cool

It definitely didn't get much press up our way which is strange since Tennant and a couple big starts were there.  If I wouldn't have heard about it from my friend it would have come and gone without a word (kind of like Wizard as a company)

I went with my Nephew, and yes, if you were looking for vintage books, kinda disappointing, I think there may have been only about 8 dealers that were selling vintage books, everything else was prints, swords, fidget spinners and the like, lots of isle room to freely walk around, not crowded at all. Harely Yee was setup, he has an amazing selection, but with amazing prices as well, Dave Capellca (sp?) was there along with several other dealers, one dealer had nothing priced with signs that said "ask for price" so I asked for a price on a non-key mid-low grade DC bronze book, he pulls out the guide and quoted me the VF price of $75, I said no thanks, I wish I could get guide prices for my non-key mid-grade bronze books. I managed to buy only 3 books. we won't be going next year.

Edited by thedude

On August 8, 2017 at 9:30 AM, 1Cool said:

Anyone make it to this show?  I had some friends set up and sell prints and they said it was a disappointment like last year.  Definitely glad I didn't make the drive down. 

We have set up in Columbus for many a year and are one of the last of the old comic guys.  No complaints sales wise.  Did my normal dealer sales (always get hit up early) and nice customer sales too....add them together equals a great show.

I didn't buy much but did get almost a complete run of the EC slipcase hardback sets I'll be taking to the next few show....man are they heavy though!

My favorite purchase was from the fudge guy....$40 well spent...yum.

20 minutes ago, Warlord said:

I made it to the show and had a good time shopping at the few comics dealers in the room.  I managed to spend my entire comics budget for the show.   Mark got his share of that cash and gave me some nice deals!  

Thank you Wayne....always appreciated!