• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions on pressing this af15

11 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

It would help if you could show the grader's notes. This will not be a cheap endeavor, so you need to be sure.

That's a good point , I haven't purchased them yet, I will look into that tonite, and post them once I have them

Just now, joeypost said:

Based on the notes, this one would be a "NO" good buddy. 

That's what I thought as well after I retrieved the notes on Bobs advice, are we in agreement that the detached upper staple is the main problem with pressing?

10 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

That's what I thought as well after I retrieved the notes on Bobs advice, are we in agreement that the detached upper staple is the main problem with pressing?

10 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Along with the color breaks. What concerns me more than the staple (it is already detached) is the heavy tanning that could become a mess if the book is hydrated improperly.  Too many things that could go wrong if this book gets pressed. 

1 minute ago, joeypost said:

Along with the color breaks. What concerns me more than the staple (it is already detached) is the heavy tanning that could become a mess if the book is hydrated improperly.  Too many things that could go wrong if this book gets pressed. 

I appreciate the feedback,  and to be honest , I'm glad that my temptation to try to get a grade bump via pressing has now been quelled , it would ve been stressful waiting for the results

57 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

I appreciate the feedback,  and to be honest , I'm glad that my temptation to try to get a grade bump via pressing has now been quelled , it would ve been stressful waiting for the results

Notice the book was graded in 2012, a very loose era for CGC grading. Everyone says they are now currently in a very tight grading period. Based on the notes, I think the book has a better chance of a downgrade . The book presents well, nice eye appeal. I can see why you thought it may have a chance but the notes say otherwise. Additionally, Joey says otherwise. Sorry but you still have a nice book.

20 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Notice the book was graded in 2012, a very loose era for CGC grading. Everyone says they are now currently in a very tight grading period. Based on the notes, I think the book has a better chance of a downgrade . The book presents well, nice eye appeal. I can see why you thought it may have a chance but the notes say otherwise. Additionally, Joey says otherwise. Sorry but you still have a nice book.

I keep hearing this too, so now 7.0 would have graded 8.0 back in 2012? or 7.0 now looks like a 8.0 etc

Sweet copy Ryan AF15 CGC 5.0

Edited by kat123